Baseball Junior Playoffs

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by Markb, Aug 5, 2007.

1. Yesterday, I had the chance to watch a game for Ontario Baseball Association Junior level playoffs, and to get a few shots of the action. Most of these were through the fence, but all in all I think it was a successful. Light was fairly hard, but I think I'm resigned to the fact that I will never have perfect light, and even if I do, I may not know what to do with it.:wink:

The team we were cheering for, Brampton, won their game and has moved on to the next round....

Hits starting coming in early in the game for Brampton, who were visiting

original.

And again in the second inning

original.

A triple mid-way through the game let the Brampton pitcher round third base heading for a run

original.

I thought I'd include one of the coaches, nobody ever seems to take pictures of them

original.

And a slide into third capped some of the action

original.

The last two shots were not taken through the fence.

Enjoy.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2007
  2. niknd501

niknd501

May 13, 2006
    Illinois
    Mark - that last shot is fantastic ! Good stuff here.

3. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    Mark...as Rod said, that last shot is fantastic. I also think the third shot is very good! And that would be one thru the fence, which makes it an ever better shot.
    All were good, I just favor the third and last, with the last being my favorite. It really is a fantastic shot!

4. Awesome stuff here Mark. Agree, the last shot can't get any better

5. the last shot rocks
    the 3rd from last needs more room on the right side of the crop IMO

6. Nice put that slide shot is just plain ole fantastic

7. Oldtime

Oldtime

Jul 5, 2006
    Durham, NC
    Mark , very nice shots and last one is awesome as others have pointed out

8. Thanks for the comments guys. I agree, the last shot is my favorite two.

Randy, agree about the runner about to hit the edge of the picture. I have one more with a bit more room, but I cut a piece of his heel off.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2007
  9. Mark, these are all fantastic! The one of the runner is very nice, and the cropping in camera you have is perfect, don't let anyone tell you different. Remember, "tight is right" and you have very little foreground which is perfect and his head is just below the upper boundary, perfect again.
    Nicely done!

10. Steve,

Thank's for the thumbs up. In high school I worked for a pro who let me help with his weddings and portrait photography (plus sell film and cameras) and he was keen on getting as tight as possible to the subject. But that's a bit easier than action photography (in some ways) so working on the right balance is a learning process.

Checked your portfolio out, and I will learn from it.

Again, thanks for the advice.