Baseball May 12

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by eng45ine, May 12, 2007.

1. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
  2. Frank,

I think these are excellent! Sharp, saturated and good capture of action. 2 & 3 are a tad dark in the face but when they're not looking into the light, what can ya do? The whites aren't blown, lots of detail throughout......I think you did a great job, you should be pleased! :smile:

3. Hey Frank,

Great job shooting today there buddy. It looks to me like you got that catcher shot you've been trying to get. That is the one my friend, that is the one. These are all spot on and outstandingly sharp that last one. WOW! GOOD LORD, WOW!

4. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Thanks Gretchen, I think that I may have dialed in a bit too much negative EV because the two that you mentioned required quite a bit of brightening. I think that I needed to pay more attention to settings today.

Thanks Ty, you are also so kind. I printed the catcher's shot to 13x19 and it came out much nicer than it appears here. I hope that he'll hang on his wall somewhere.

5. topher04r1

topher04r1 Guest

wow man ... after trying baseball i know how much time you invested in these shots..... nice job !!

6. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Thanks Topher, much appreciated.

7. They look good to me Frank, with the light as high in the sky ans the shadows you did great. Like Ty said an awesome catcher shot

8. niknd501

niknd501

May 13, 2006
    Illinois
    Frank ... These look outstanding to me. Love that catcher shot also...

Man I wish I could shoot like you.

9. Love something about all of them!

1. The look and the seams on the ball
    2. The ball and the dirt, great expression
    3. Ball once again stopped in motion, detail in his cleats and his face (lips)
    4. My absolute favorite; great action shot
    5. Love the face, the dimple, and the detail in the seams

Amazing series.

10. Chris_B

Chris_B

Mar 12, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Very nice Frank. The look well exposed and saturated which must not have been easy given the conditions.

11. All really great shots here, Frank, but the last one is flat out awesome!

12. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Really nice shots

13. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Well, my sincerest thanks to all of you for offering your very kind comments. As many of you might admit, we are our own worst critics and I tend to nitpick my images to death. I have learned so much from all of you since becoming a member and without your direction and support, my photography would never have improved in the manner that it has. I am looking forward to better results in the future and it is all because of what you all bring here each and every day.

14. Oldtime

Oldtime

Jul 5, 2006
    Durham, NC
    Nice shots Frank, I hope all the action was not in the 9th:biggrin:

15. acena

acena

Mar 14, 2006
    New Jersey
    I think it worked out real well or you Frank.

16. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    Exposure looks very good to me. Looks like you made the right choice metering. The shots were outstanding, as always. My favorites are the catcher and the guy jumping in the air w/ball in glove.

17. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Thanks guys, this is all a tremendous learning opportunity. The next person at the ballfield who thinks we just push the shutter release to get decent shots gets a kick in the shins!

18. Bigmuddy

Bigmuddy

Feb 28, 2007
    Ohio
    Fantastics shots frank. Very sharp and well cropped.
    On #4, what is the object just to the right of his knee, is that something in the background?

19. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Thanks very much Brian. Oh, and the object, probably glare from a car in the parking lot.

20. Simba909

Simba909

Mar 2, 2006
    Miami, FL
    Frank these are great. I am consistently impressed with the quality of the 300 and the 1.4.