Baseball May 21 - Images Added

Just a few images from tonight, I was only shooting two of the players on special request of their fathers. All shot with a D2H and 300mm VR. Some with and without the TC.

79193719.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 96783

View attachment 96784

View attachment 96785

View attachment 96786

View attachment 96787

View attachment 96788

Last edited by a moderator:
Frank, I think you have made his father extremely happy and proud of his son. Great shots and consistently better images. You have managed to control the highlights very well despite harsh lighting conditions.

Thanks Shekhar, controling the whites was really tough since the sun was setting in the west and wasn't blocked by much in the way of clouds. I was happy to capture some action this time out.

Thanks Rod....you're making me blush! It was neat only shooting two kids and not having to track the action all of the field. Two kids, one game and over 400 images taken!

Thanks Rod....you're making me blush! It was neat only shooting two kids and not having to track the action all of the field. Two kids, one game and over 400 images taken!

Again....WOW 400 - images on 2 kids ?

I am sure you got tons of fantastic images....:biggrin:

Thanks Ron, I am enjoying the heck out of my new lens and TC. If my stuff is getting better, it is because of the influences here and the new gear.

Frank,

Great timing (even if you had to burst), fantastic exposures. They are all outstanding images, but I vote for #1. The dirt coming off his hand is what makes it unique to me.

Best Wishes,

Excellent work, Frank!

like some others, I like #1 best. it's certainly a unique pose that has probably never been shot before.

Way to go Frank, with only having to shoot two players it makes your job a tad easier.
These are all lookign really good, you should be tickled with your results

Excellent work, Frank!

like some others, I like #1 best. it's certainly a unique pose that has probably never been shot before.

Thanks Jim, I blasted away as he was trying to recover from mishandling the ball. As he attempted a barehanded grab, he missed and landed on his head.

Nice work Frank

Thank you Gale.

Way to go Frank, with only having to shoot two players it makes your job a tad easier.
These are all lookign really good, you should be tickled with your results

Thanks Mike, my results are improving and I'd like to believe that I am paying closer attention to my settings so I don't lose a shot because something was over/under exposed or blown out. I can't thank you and plenty of others enough for the guidance that you all offer so generously.

Real Name
Randy
1,4, & 5 are amazing action captures....
the others are just real good.
all are technically near perfect Frank...
u & mike keep us reaching for better pics, thx 4 the inspiration

J

JMartin

WOW... not much else I can say! I am sure their fathers are proud of what you got.

I really like them all, but 1 and 4 are "those" type of shots I am striving to get!

1,4, & 5 are amazing action captures....
the others are just real good.
all are technically near perfect Frank...
u & mike keep us reaching for better pics, thx 4 the inspiration

WOW... not much else I can say! I am sure their fathers are proud of what you got.

I really like them all, but 1 and 4 are "those" type of shots I am striving to get!

Thanks guys, your comments are very kind. While I am pleased with my improvement, my improvement is due to the excellant sports action photography that I view here. I am proud to be surrounded by such accomplished photographers that I consider my friends. Cheers to all of us.

Frank, fantastic work on these photos! #1, #2, #,3, #4, #5, #6, and #7 are my favorite...:wink:

Where were you positioned to get the #1 and #2 shots?

Latest threads

Top Bottom