Baseball May 7th

Just a few from tonight as we traveled to take on a non-conference school. The weather was beautiful for a change.

78412926.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 94228

View attachment 94229

View attachment 94230

Hey Frank,

WOW! I love that #3 what a great catch. They are all super but that is one hell of a catch. He's out! Great bit of shooting there my friend.

Top notch Frank.....Really good stuff...

I agree with Ty- I like #3...Love the catcher shot also...

J

jaime4i

all are great images :) very sharp! what lens did you use? TFS :)

Veyr nice I really liek the 2nd shot of the pitcher the play at 2nd is spot on and I see you are stil going for those catcher shots. Try the outfield shooting in towards the action

all are great images :) very sharp! what lens did you use? TFS :)

Thanks very much...all of the images were taken with a 300mm VR and 1.4x TC

Veyr nice I really liek the 2nd shot of the pitcher the play at 2nd is spot on and I see you are stil going for those catcher shots. Try the outfield shooting in towards the action

Thanks for the tip Mike, I saw what you got during the softball game and they were outstanding. Not sure I can pull if off with the D2H though.

Love #2 and #3... great work!

Great shots as always Frank. #3 is my fav. Was he out?

Thanks guys...much appreciated.

T

topher04r1

great series .... i wish i could shoot baseball half as good as this ! .... Im going to give it another shot this week and see what i can come up with ... thanks for the motivation

great series .... i wish i could shoot baseball half as good as this ! .... Im going to give it another shot this week and see what i can come up with ... thanks for the motivation

Thanks Topher....you do just fine and it always gets better with more shooting opportunities.

Very nice action Frank. The portrait of the catcher is a definite keeper.

Thanks Alex...the catcher is one player that I long to do better with. I shot this image last night and was lucky because it was a small field, with the 300mm and TC, I had all the reach that I needed.

My son is getting us tickets for the Cubs game here. Last year his seat was right behind the photographers seats and next to the visiting dugout. He chatted throughout the game with Dusty and caught 8 foul balls. Now if I can sneak my camera gear in. Let's see, the tiny D200 and the 18-200VR. But how do I get the Sigma 120-300 and 2.0 TC in? Wrap it in baby clothes? Hmmmmm. :wink:

Rich

Latest threads

Top Bottom