Baseball-"non-action" (12 images)

Brad's post of non action baseball shots made me think of a few that I have. Please let me know what you think. Granted, it's college ball and not the bigs like Brad's, but it is baseball. Thanks for looking.

p904420574-4.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

p673149672-4.jpg

p902969291-4.jpg

p1035499179-4.jpg

p952670081-4.jpg

p1069940927-4.jpg

p217615687-4.jpg

p100248349-4.jpg

p101104238-4.jpg

p604308439-4.jpg

p500777133-4.jpg

p878446626-4.jpg

Hey Tex, I guess nobody wanted to comment, and since it was my thread that got you started, I'll go first :bigrin:

All are good, but here are a few tips to improve them a tad

#1. Kind of awkward positioning (looking up his crotch) and that not withstanding, a face would def help the interest factor for this one

2 Nice shot, the angle is better than just straight on, but its a glove out of context. I guess its on a wrapped fence/dugout post corner?
Here's what I mean by context...the ball players in the background complete the story...
6010188.jpg

3 This is just gross. Not sure who would want that shot of themselves.

4 ok...would be better if the trainer was actually watching the subject rather than looking out of frame. A tad hot on my monitor.

5 hmmmm.

6 hmmmm neither of these last two are doing it for me. Kinda like you are trying too hard to get a still life where one doesnt really exist or tell a story.
context means a LOT. Here is another, where the rosin treatment is in context wth the shot...again..tells the story
6084788.jpg

7 This shot works....but the balls are filthy...not your fault of course. But actually that in itself tells a story of having to use whatever they have..limited resources et al.

8&9 always better if they are looking at you rather than going away. Peoples backs rarely work

10 same lines as 5&6. Glove cut off? Fence? Clean those up for sure next time. And if you can give them context with something in the background maybe...might help a bit. Or some interesting lighting or shadowing. Here's another using the background stuff to help paint the picture for the viewer
6033844.jpg

11 Swing and a miss here sorry. If you are gonna shoot the ump cleaning the plate, then get him cleaning the plate. This shot is a second too late.
Gotta get the "action" even if its not a baseball action shot
6084590.jpg

12 I like it. Would rather see better exposed and sharper, but I like it.

Brad, I really appreciate your input on these. I will keep in mind the BGs of some closeups of balls & gloves, etc. As for #3, part of the game, right? But you're right about it. As for #7, just older balls used during fall ball in October intrasquad games.
Again, thanks!

Thats not even tobacco spit....which might have a storyline....thats just snot..yuck! hahahah
anyway, keep on shootin you got the idea!

Nice images...#7 works because the balls ARE dirty, as qualified by Brad. That's why shots from college, high school, minor leagues, some kid's back yard, etc., have so much "color" to them. (But then again, it would be cool to get the same access at an MLB playoff game 7.)

Nice images...#7 works because the balls ARE dirty, as qualified by Brad. That's why shots from college, high school, minor leagues, some kid's back yard, etc., have so much "color" to them. (But then again, it would be cool to get the same access at an MLB playoff game 7.)

Thanks Bobby. We're talking a small college here. Access to an MLB game? That'd be nice. :wink:

Latest threads

Top Bottom