Baseball Picture

A picture of my best friend's son very early on in the season. Although I must admit, I can't remember what lens I used with this picture - probably 70-200. I had a little trouble with my layer mask in CS3 but managed to get some great help from a great friend here at NIKONCAFE...thanks John! C&C's welcome - does this work?

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
[/IMG]

I have to agree with Dave here. Just two of him as a collage here just looks confusing. The one picture of him on the right is really great. I would just crop that one a little tighter and put his name and info underneath on the left.

Unless you want to get crazy and do what I tried with my nephew last year. He loved this one.

Well, **I** like the extra guy in there...maybe because I had something to do with it...

But I can see the confusion...

I did a little test of Mitch's suggestion (tighter crop and move the text), and it looks really good...

Seneca, give it a test...I think you'll like it. It doesn't have that "WOW, how did you put two pictures in the same picture" feeling, but it does have a nice balance. I would maybe show both to the parents and see which one they buy...never hurts to have options...LOL...

I bet the boy would love it..lolol
I do like it.
I think you did a great job.
Others could work as well with more than 2 pics.

G

Gr8Tr1x

Seneca, perhaps if you included the second photo as a tip in, like this:

Only example I had handy...

Well, **I** like the extra guy in there...maybe because I had something to do with it...

But I can see the confusion...

I did a little test of Mitch's suggestion (tighter crop and move the text), and it looks really good...

Seneca, give it a test...I think you'll like it. It doesn't have that "WOW, how did you put two pictures in the same picture" feeling, but it does have a nice balance. I would maybe show both to the parents and see which one they buy...never hurts to have options...LOL...

Yeah that might work...let me mess with it. Thanks again John...I personally do like it...and I already let me client see it...she loved it.

Seneca, perhaps if you included the second photo as a tip in, like this:

Only example I had handy...
I haven't done this type of work...but I can definately give it a shot...what do you call this?

G

Gr8Tr1x

I haven't done this type of work...but I can definately give it a shot...what do you call this?
Hmmm..I dunno..Picture in Picture? All it really amounts to is setting off the inset photo with a Stroked edge and then a drop shadow.

Great shot. I love shooting baseball. I think it would look better without the inset. I was looking at it trying to figure out what the shortstop was doing - on first glance.... either way. All (most) baseball shots are great, becuase ... they are baseball shots!

Yeah I thought was going to be the problem...looking like the short-stop was in the way of the pitcher.

M

mikeyd86

I took a swing at it (no pun intended) because I'm really, really bored.

I took a swing at it (no pun intended) because I'm really, really bored.

That did it... great!

I have to agree with Dave here. Just two of him as a collage here just looks confusing. The one picture of him on the right is really great. I would just crop that one a little tighter and put his name and info underneath on the left.

Unless you want to get crazy and do what I tried with my nephew last year. He loved this one.

I have no idea how you did this, but I really like it.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom