Baseball Picture

Discussion in 'People' started by Seneca, May 21, 2007.

1. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    A picture of my best friend's son very early on in the season. Although I must admit, I can't remember what lens I used with this picture - probably 70-200. I had a little trouble with my layer mask in CS3 but managed to get some great help from a great friend here at NIKONCAFE...thanks John! C&C's welcome - does this work?

[​IMG][/IMG]

2. I like the idea but two of him in the same image does not seem to work well for me.

3. I have to agree with Dave here. Just two of him as a collage here just looks confusing. The one picture of him on the right is really great. I would just crop that one a little tighter and put his name and info underneath on the left.

Unless you want to get crazy and do what I tried with my nephew last year. He loved this one.

[​IMG]

4. Echo what Dave and Mitch said. The photo would be much better if the second body to the left hadn't been placed in there.

5. The images are well done, love the lighting and DOF on the pitching one. Either image by itself would be great.

6. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    Love everyone's POV...thanks so much.

7. Well, **I** like the extra guy in there...maybe because I had something to do with it...

But I can see the confusion...

I did a little test of Mitch's suggestion (tighter crop and move the text), and it looks really good...

Seneca, give it a test...I think you'll like it. It doesn't have that "WOW, how did you put two pictures in the same picture" feeling, but it does have a nice balance. I would maybe show both to the parents and see which one they buy...never hurts to have options...LOL...

8. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    I bet the boy would love it..lolol
    I do like it.
    I think you did a great job.
    Others could work as well with more than 2 pics.

9. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

Seneca, perhaps if you included the second photo as a tip in, like this:

[​IMG]

Only example I had handy...

10. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!

Yeah that might work...let me mess with it. Thanks again John...I personally do like it...and I already let me client see it...she loved it.

11. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    I haven't done this type of work...but I can definately give it a shot...what do you call this?

12. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

Hmmm..I dunno..Picture in Picture? All it really amounts to is setting off the inset photo with a Stroked edge and then a drop shadow.

13. Capture Utah

Capture Utah

Nov 23, 2006
    USA
    Great shot. I love shooting baseball. I think it would look better without the inset. I was looking at it trying to figure out what the shortstop was doing - on first glance.... either way. All (most) baseball shots are great, becuase ... they are baseball shots!

14. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    Yeah I thought was going to be the problem...looking like the short-stop was in the way of the pitcher.

15. mikeyd86

mikeyd86 Guest

I took a swing at it (no pun intended) because I'm really, really bored.

[​IMG]

16. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    YOu guys are soooooooooo talented...that also looks great. How did you put the boarder on? That is really cool.

17. That did it... great!

18. I have no idea how you did this, but I really like it.

19. Yes Mikey, that is super.