Baseball pitcher pictures

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by Jeff Mims, Apr 27, 2007.

1. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2007
  2. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    These pitcher pictures are well done Jeff. Shooting from the opposite side of their follow-through is sometimes not real interesting, but these work for me. Nice to see the pitching hand with the ball being grasped. If looks as though you shot from a slightly elevated perspective, whatever the case I think that these are real nice. The catcher on the other hand, he probably would have appreciated that you captured his smile instead of his backside. I like your work Jeff, we are striding forward together.

3. Nice shots Jeff! I like the pitchers grip shots too. You can tell fastball, circle-change and 3rd looks like curve. But then again, I'm a former baseball coach too :smile:

We'll have to chat when my new sports body comes in :wink:

4. Nice series Jeff!

5. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    So no one will be confused, I did delete the catcher's photo, and substituted two more. Are these better?

6. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Nice additions Jeff....

7. niknd501

niknd501

May 13, 2006
    Illinois
    These are good Jeff...You captured some crisp eyes. Catchers are very hard
    to get good shots of...

Good stuff

8. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    I still can't tell which pitch is which...but I never coached baseball either.

Thanks for the kind words.

9. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi

Frank the backstop is on the side of a hill. I have just enough space to shoot beside the backstop, but I'm standing on a hill...so elevated is right. Although I did go stand at 3rd base side (dugout) and 1st base side (dugout) for a few shots.
    Thanks for the kind comments. I'm still learning. I've shot baseball less than anything so far.

10. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    Thanks Rod. Shooting baseball is new to me. I think this my 3rd game, so I've not exactly got it down to a science.:smile: But I'm having fun and learning.

11. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    Thank you.

12. Good series on these. I tried my first baseball game the other day. Didn't get a keeper that I liked. So I know what you mean. Hey, we'll muddle through this together, but HEY!! ain't it fun just to be able to go out and shoot??

13. Hey Jeff,

These are great images. You are getting some really good results. I really like the angles on the pitchers. Keep them coming!

14. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    I have fun shooting. I'm disappointed at a lot of my images, but I find a few keepers now and then. I'm just glad I'm not using film. I'd hate to have 300 shots, and only 10 keepers with film. $$$$$$...:eek:

15. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    Thanks Tyrone, I appreciate the encouragement. I keep trying to improve, but I don't put so much pressure on myself as not to enjoy the process. I just try to have fun, and learn what I can.

16. Nice job Jeff try shooting from the same side the delivery is comign from to throw a twist into some variety of pitcher shots. The sharpness and color are good on these