Baseball Playoffs before the deluge

Rain has been a constant this season fall all sports, and yesterday was no different. In between storm fronts, fields in Brampton dried out just enough that we were able to get our final Central Ontario Baseball Association playoff game in. Unfortunately, the guys lost 6-4...but their season does not end just yet.

Matt got a hit early in the game (and a close attempt at bat on ball)

101451520.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Evan was called safe on this, the catcher was not touching the plate when his foot hit the plate and hadn't been tagged:

101451508.jpg

I wanted to try something a little different, and try to get more action (I don't have my wide angle anymore so this was shot with at 70mm) from a different perspective. Not sure if it works, but comments and critiques are welcome.

101451514.jpg

And of course, the obligatory Dad shot of #1 son....this catch was key to keeping the team in the game (plus a base hit, RBI and run helped as well).

101451518.jpg

And Alex scored a run for the good guys as well;

101451512.jpg

For those that were interested, the sun was fairly high, but a very high cloud was developing (and would turn into thunderstorms at the end of the game) that pushed the ISO up so that I could maintain high shutter speeds.

Also, 1, 2 and 3 were shot with the sun in the right front, 4 over my left shoulder.

Some nice action here Mark. 2 and 4 seem a tad soft but you did well with the ones that had the backlighting.

Jr High baseball is going to be starting here in about 2 weeks when school starts again.

Thanks Greg.

Agree Rod, number 5 especially is a bit soft, it's crop with 1.4 on the 70-200 (must resist the 300....must resist).

Number 2 looks sharper on Pbase, but if it softens up here, then it's softer. FWIW, with the eception of 4, they are all TTF.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom