Baseball U9

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by snownow, Jun 5, 2007.

1. snownow

snownow

Jul 13, 2006
    so cal
    My first time with baseball, 8 and 9 year olds. The pitcher is a friends son, so was a fun time. Only Real issue i had was the sun was setting at thier backs so made for a hard time getting their faces. Shot with 70-200 vr and 70-300 vr. Per some advice i shot the first half at like F4, when it got a little darker I had to drop to 2.8 and bump up my Iso a bit. All the 70-300 shot at 5.6.. All taken from a monopod. Any advice always taken with a smile.

The hit

SBSM3.

The wind up

SBSM.

The pitch, dont you think the parents could just move them cars somewhere else?
    SBSM2.

Eye on the ball

SBSM4.

and my fav shot, even though the focus is off a bit..

Shot like 300, this is out of the first 40 or so I have gone through,

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2007
  2. Dave

Dave

Feb 7, 2007
    Suwanee, GA
    They are looking good so far! Keep 'em coming!

3. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Robert, you did one heck of a job covering this game. I like each and every image. I like the peak action, the nice crops and your post work is real smooth. Thanks so much for sharing and I hope to see more from you real soon.

4. GBRandy

GBRandy

Feb 28, 2006
    Green Bay, WI
    Nice work....#1 & #4 shot form the field of play? That's a great angle, but they would never let me do that...I don't think......hummmmm

5. snownow

snownow

Jul 13, 2006
    so cal
    Thank you, The kids are pretty little so the field is not very long. Those were taken from behind the back fence with 70-300 Vr. Makes me lust more for the 300 F4 (or 2.8, I wonder how much its going to take to sell that to the CFO) and a Tc.

6. topher04r1

topher04r1 Guest

i like them robert ... i think you did a good job with the game... .baseball isn't exactly easy to photograph ..... my only suggestion might be to crop a bit more

7. snownow

snownow

Jul 13, 2006
    so cal
    Thanks topher, I did on some that I posted on my website for the parents. How do you like your smugmug account? I have been looking for a shopping cart program, or a decent host site?

8. topher04r1

topher04r1 Guest

smugmug has been working fine for me.... after the last update that i did i think i've finally gotten it to look smooth, simple and professional .... i've made a few hundred $$ in sales but the real test will start in Aug when i start shooting hardcore... I would reccomend giving them a try

9. deznpj

deznpj

Apr 12, 2007
    SoCal
    Great shots Robert...I think I may have seen you at the game (my son plays Farm at HVLL) Too bad the season is over :frown: But we did sign him up for summer baseball at FV Pony...that ought to take care of my fix for more baseball!!
    Again, great shots and next time I see the only "other" guy out there with black lenses I will say hi!! :tongue:

10. snownow

snownow

Jul 13, 2006
    so cal
    Thanks, and thats funny. Ive never run in to another cafe member. I'll keep an eye out next time.

11. He, he, how rude of people leaving their cars on parking lots, really.:smile:

Nice series!