Critique Bashful Rosie

This is the same bird as my earlier preening rosie shot. She played in the light for a few minutes, and I have a couple of dozen of images. Slowly working with them, likely some type of small project. I tried processing this through dxo, it did a little better job with the water.
I am trying to print more this year, so I put these up to get opinions outside of the family.
Thanks
Gary
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The angle of the head and the position of the eye really make this one. I actually prefer this one over the other one.
What caught my attention is when I first look at her I think I can see both eyes. When I look closer it really is just a curling feather that puts color in the area, the eye is hidden. I just loved that.
Thanks for your comments and support as I move forward with this small project.
Gary

Well it must be false modesty or she wouldn't be wearing that dress :D

This is one awesome image. Like Mike I prefer this one over the previous post. Really excellent in every way. Nice job.

All the pluses that were mentioned. The only thing I would do if it were mine is select the head and lighten it a bit.
I am not sure this helps or not. LMK I lightened the head a little, but I do not want to lose the eye contrast. I will likely keep it as before- what does the collective think? Thanks for helping work through these, I am too close to some of them to see how others see them
Gary
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Spectacular photo
Thanks for the support.
I have a gallery show coming up in a couple of months. I usually do my own printing, but I am going to try this as a 30x30" acrylic facemount as I think the almost translucent acrylic mount will match up with this image well. My first try with this type of mount.
She looks great hanging on my wall as a 30x30" on epson legacy bartya paper, hopefully the acrylic image will look even better. It better for $500.
Wish me luck.
Gary

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom