Basketball Abstract?

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by PhotoByMark, Sep 23, 2008.

1. Been using my little TZ5 P&S quite a bit. Took it to a Silver Star Game (Womens Pro Basketball). Was curious how it would do. It did ok, but this one shot the camera did a complete over-exposure thing. I liked the shot so I tried to salvage it and came up with this. It's different! But I kind of like the outcome.

2880542525_c2f373ecbb_o.jpg

2. That's cool Mark....I like it :smile:

3. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    Hi Mark

Hope you are enjoying the TZ5....

I love this shot!!!!

Did you process to this or surely not out of camera???

This is a cracking shot....full of ebnrgy and action!

Best wishes
    Ray

4. Thanks Mike! How have you been?

Ray, Thanks for the nice words.

Yes enjoying it. I take it with me everywhere I go. I thought it would be fun to see what it could do with indoor sports. I thought it did ok. I experimented with ISO (and other settings) but eventually just settled in and stayed w/1600. I knew the shots would be a bit grainy but I was ok with that. This shot above not sure what happened but the camera over-exposed the shot. At first I was bummed cause I think that was the coolest action shot of the bunch.

Here is what the original unedited shot looked like. As you can see I did not do a whole lot processing. I originally went B&W but then came up with a little selective color.

Here are some more shots from the game if you are interested:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/photobymark/sets/72157607460209316/show/

Not much processing on these - just some quick adjustments in LR2.

2883626171_46b260377f.jpg

5. BrendaC

BrendaC

Sep 24, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    Pretty neat, I like it.

6. Thanks Brenda.