1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Basketball Abstract?

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by PhotoByMark, Sep 23, 2008.

1. Been using my little TZ5 P&S quite a bit. Took it to a Silver Star Game (Womens Pro Basketball). Was curious how it would do. It did ok, but this one shot the camera did a complete over-exposure thing. I liked the shot so I tried to salvage it and came up with this. It's different! But I kind of like the outcome.

2880542525_c2f373ecbb_o.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. That's cool Mark....I like it :smile:

3. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    Hi Mark

Hope you are enjoying the TZ5....

I love this shot!!!!

Did you process to this or surely not out of camera???

This is a cracking shot....full of ebnrgy and action!

Best wishes
    Ray

4. Thanks Mike! How have you been?

Ray, Thanks for the nice words.

Yes enjoying it. I take it with me everywhere I go. I thought it would be fun to see what it could do with indoor sports. I thought it did ok. I experimented with ISO (and other settings) but eventually just settled in and stayed w/1600. I knew the shots would be a bit grainy but I was ok with that. This shot above not sure what happened but the camera over-exposed the shot. At first I was bummed cause I think that was the coolest action shot of the bunch.

Here is what the original unedited shot looked like. As you can see I did not do a whole lot processing. I originally went B&W but then came up with a little selective color.

Here are some more shots from the game if you are interested:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/photobymark/sets/72157607460209316/show/

Not much processing on these - just some quick adjustments in LR2.

2883626171_46b260377f.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

5. BrendaC

BrendaC

Sep 24, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    Pretty neat, I like it.

6. Thanks Brenda.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.