Basketball Playoffs

Discussion in 'Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography' started by mike mac, Feb 8, 2005.

1. My daughters team playoffs started tonight, her team is seeded first after and undefeated season, they won 27-12 tonight.
    I tried again to get some decent shots in this dungeon of a gym, there were taken at ISO 1600 with the WB set using the Expodisk. The expodisk seems to work fairly well and these are some of the truest colors I got all year. I used flash in the past but kind of like the way these look more even though there is some noise in them.
    All shots with the D2H and the 50mm 1.8 NR with the NI plug-in.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    One of Kerri not the best but had to post it
    [​IMG]

2. Great work as usual Mike. Well exposed, composed, and processed.

Joe

3. Your shots made me smile Joe. Love the way you have captured the drama of the game; e.g., the tongue in cheek going for the basket, etc. Your cute daughter with the tight lips as she looks to shoot. Fun images Joe and congratulations to the team.

4. thanks Joe I appreciate it these basketball shots are the hardest I have come by

5. Thanks Gordon the team has had an incredible season, if they win tonight they are champs, these girls have gotten so much better over the last couple of weeks.

6. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Fun shots Mike, and well done. It is hard for me to believe that these are ISO 1600. NI and you did a good job on them.

Congrats to your daughter and her team on their great season, whether they win tonight or not (I hope they do of course....).

Regards,

Frank

7. Thanks for the kind words hope they play a great game tonight. I am very pleased with the NI plug in eliminates noise but don't get that plasticly look to it.

8. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    Mike, hope the team has a good game tonight. Let us know how it turns out (with pictures).