Batch File Rename Utility

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by PhotoDawg, May 21, 2005.

1. If anyone is interested in renaming their files with a batch process go to this link to download the 30 day free trial. It is real easy to use. If you need any help I would be glad to help out.

http://www.flashshare.com/bfu/about1.html

2. Nikon View 6.2.5 has a good file transfer utility that enables the user to convert the file name from the DSCxxxx.nef to WFP (or some other custom letters year-month-day-hour-minute-second.NEF

Note that the new version of Picture Project does NOT have this.

You can download Nikon View here: http://support.nikontech.com/cgi-bi...4&p_pv=2.44&p_cats=185&p_cv=1.185

Once you download it, go into the program folder and look for a file named: NkvAcqu.exe This is the utility program. Set it up as your default when you insert your compact flash card. The window that opens when you run this program will give you options at the upper right hand corner to customize your file naming, etc.

While I do not use NikonView, I do use its transfer / file renaming utility. It works flawlessly.

3. Bravo,

Does the Nikon View utility allow the user to use a ASCII file to be used in a batch process to rename files? I do not use Nikon View either.

4. Greg

Greg

Apr 5, 2005
    Fayetteville, TN
    If you have PSCS you can use theirs. it's pretty good and will batch based on selected thumbs.

5. I'm not sure I understand the question, but I don't think so.

I have a CF reader. I stick the CF card in the read, the transfer utility automatically pops up and transfers the images to the computer. The file names on the computer are WFP2005-05-22_18-36-02.NEF

which stands for: Whitten Farm Photography
    Year 2005
    Month May
    Day 22
    18 hours (6pm)
    36 minutes
    02 seconds