Batteries for SB800 ??????

i know that i saw a thread on this...but couldn't find it.

what kind of battery do you recommend for the sb800. i'm wanting to get it right the first time so i thought i'd ask here.
(if the battery you suggest needs a charging station or anything, let me know please)
...and links are always good and appreciated:biggrin:

thanks guys.
matt

MAHA Powerex 2700 mAH from Thomas Distributing. You can get them with a charger as a kit or as sets of 4. I suggest double the number you think you will need, they really aren't that pricey.

MAHA Powerex 2700 mAH from Thomas Distributing. You can get them with a charger as a kit or as sets of 4. I suggest double the number you think you will need, they really aren't that pricey.

how has your luck been with recharging them? do they keep battery life...does it get better or diminish after a few cycles??, etc.

i coulnd't find a ''charging station'' for them. i saw the 4-4packs for 48 bucks....probably what i'll go with. but where is the charger??

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
In addition to the recharge batteries,

Get some lithium AA too, they work best in the cold and do last a very very long time, and keeping a set on hand in case you aren't near a charger is a good handy thing to do, better safe than sorry.

Best price I have seen is about 8.00 for a four pack on the web. Cheap insurance.

rechargeables are great, cheaper, and do last a long time, but there is always murphy (murphy's law) waiting out there......

Wade

why are you jumping to a new one???
what are you doing with the old one? :wink:

programmable?? i must be battery charger deficiant....where can i learn about this stuff.....how to get the most out of these batteries and the charger i'm getting ready to buy?

thanks

matt

I have this one:

http://www.thomas-distributing.com/la_crosse_bc-900_battery_charger.php

Am going to order this one:

http://www.thomasdistributing.com/maha-mh-c9000-battery-charger.php

You can not go wrong with Thomas Dist. I have used them for years at home and at my former place of business. (now retired)

They stock good product. They stand behind it. What more could you want.

I like the LaCrosse. Easily programmable and really does a nice job on conditioning batteries.

You really need Nickel Metal Hydride batteries (NiMh) preferably with the highest milliAmp rating you can get - I think this is about 2700 atm, but 2500/2300 would be fine.

Energizer do a 15 minute charger with 4 2300s. This is really quite novel, very few have produced such a fast charger of MiMh batteries.
When I bought my last charger about 3 years ago the best you could get was around 8 hrs!

Safe to say with 2700 the 15min becomes 18 mins, but you get the point.

For my SB-800 I have 4 x 2300 and 4 x 2500 - I haven't yet noticed a difference is discharge/recycle/flashes per charge

D

DoorMan

I have the Maha MH-C9000 and it does a very good job. Actually I have a couple of other chargers but I like the 9000 the best. It shows the capacity of the battery when you finish charging. This allows you to match sets of batteries. Also, when the battery pack gets older and doesn't hold a charge as well, lots of the time it is only one battery that is bad. With this charger it is easy to see what is going on with your batteries. Here is the link to it.

I just ordered these from Adorama:

Lenmar AA No-Memory PRO Rechargeable Batteries,
1.2 volt Nickel Metal Hydride (NiMh, 2500 mAh)
Pack of Twenty @ $29.95

Here is the battery charger that I use, it charges 8 at a time. Can't tell you how long it takes but it is pretty fast. I have been using Powerex batteries for 4 years and all are still taking a charge. NiMHs need to be charged every 2 or 3weeks, they lose their charge even if they aren't being used.

http://thomas-distributing.com/maha-mh-c801d-battery-charger.htm

Regards
RB

I have this charger also, and usually set it for the slower charge, but it still charges super fast.

I just ordered these from Adorama:

Lenmar AA No-Memory PRO Rechargeable Batteries,
1.2 volt Nickel Metal Hydride (NiMh, 2500 mAh)
Pack of Twenty @ $29.95

That is a heck of price UF.
I have seen this brand for sale but have never heard a word about them. Are they any good? Are they compatable with the MAHA MH-C801D charger?

Regards
RB

Latest threads

Top Bottom