Battery Grip Woes

8o6

Hello; anybody experienced problems with Nikon's EN-EL18c battery not working where an earlier EN-EL18a does?

I’ve purchased an EN-EL18c battery to use along an EN-EL18a I’m successfully using in the MB-D18 grip attached to my D850.

The new EN-EL18c battery doesn’t charge. Being lithium I'd assumed it would have residual charge enough to be recognised by the camera but didn’t. It’s exactly the same with a second EN-EL18c I’ve received f(rom a different supplier).
  • Genuine Nikon MB-D18 grip
  • Genuine EN-EL18a battery
  • After Market DSTE battery charger
  • D850 (Umm)
Any suggestions?

Hello,
Same story for me ... MH-26a (2 charging slots) and 2 different EN-EL18c.
With my EN-EL18 it is OK.
First : the 50% load flashes alternately with the active slot.
And after more than 1 minute, the calibration indicator flashes alternately with the active slot. The battery does not start to charge.
I tried to force the calibration to no effect.
I tried to load the second slot with EN-EL18: OK. But when it comes to the first location, the same things have happened and the charge is stopped.
It seems the batteries are not working as they should ...
I have had several contacts with Nikon support, but have not obtained more information.
MH-26a incompatibility ?

Hello,
After a lot of discussion between Nikon and my web store, I finally had an answer: many batteries from the batches manufactured in 08/2018 and 09/2018 are defective ...
Quality controls are not up to the price of these elements...

8o6

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thank you for letting me know, this is encouraging news, did they suggest what you should do?

Thank you for letting me know, this is encouraging news, did they suggest what you should do?
Hello,
My web store offered me an exchange but I preferred to be paid back...
I think I will buy models from a previous generation that does not pose a problem.
My web store told me that 5 others custumers had the same problem, and they had test their stock and it was really bad.
:(
Wait next ?!

Hello,
My web store offered me an exchange but I preferred to be paid back...
I think I will buy models from a previous generation that does not pose a problem.
My web store told me that 5 others custumers had the same problem, and they had test their stock and it was really bad.
:(
Wait next ?!
Were they the real deal, genuine Nikon stock?

I think the problems are a little wider in dates than Nikon is admitting to, but they do have a problem.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom