Battery life on Apple products

I`ve just recently bought a Macair 13", and whilst the promotional literature says there is up to 7 hours on wifi use, I`m getting 3-4 I would say. Within an hour I`m in the 80% range from a full charge of 100%.

On my new Iphone 4, I`m also down much quicker than I expected, and quicker than my 3GS.

Anyone with experience or tips?

Thanks

I recommend you recharge Lithium Ion battery as frequently as possible even if you used 5% of capacity. That battery type likes to be topped off often unlike other types of cells.

I run my laptop on wall power almost always meaning 98% of the time. 4 years old and the battery behaves as new.

Same with all the camera batteries.

The more you expect it to do when in use, the faster it will run down.

Watching videos and flash objects will definitely drain the battery. I use a flash blocker in my browser and it helps. I only allow flash on a site which has something that I want to see, and not every ad on the page.

Westlake Village, Ca. and 20 mi NW of Prescott, Az
I`ve just recently bought a Macair 13", and whilst the promotional literature says there is up to 7 hours on wifi use, I`m getting 3-4 I would say. Within an hour I`m in the 80% range from a full charge of 100%.

On my new Iphone 4, I`m also down much quicker than I expected, and quicker than my 3GS.

Anyone with experience or tips?

Thanks
The % or time # will wiggle into a norm after a bit of use. Give it a month or so and also, very important................ 'calibrate' the battery: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1490

cheers
JohnG

I recommend you recharge Lithium Ion battery as frequently as possible even if you used 5% of capacity. That battery type likes to be topped off often unlike other types of cells.

I run my laptop on wall power almost always meaning 98% of the time. 4 years old and the battery behaves as new.

Same with all the camera batteries.

The more you expect it to do when in use, the faster it will run down.
I recommend the complete opposite of this as this makes absolutely no sense at all. Batteries need to be used to last long. If you're constantly trickle charging it, it will never calibrate and your percentage will never be correct.

This is my routine for every rechargeable battery i've ever purchased and have yet to have any issues:

1. When you initially get it, use it and let it die. Completely die.
2. Charge it immediately and let it get back to 100% without use
3. Once 100% charged, use it again and let it die again
4. Do this about 2-3 times and you should be good to go

After that, I never leave my phone or computer on the charger and follow a similar routine as stated above. And for justification, i've had my iPhone 3Gs for over 2 years now and I get 2 days of use out of it with Wi-Fi and location services turned on all the time and my MBP, which is 4 years old lasts me 3-4 hours on average.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom