Battery

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by Catz, Jul 13, 2005.

1. I was wondering if there is an easy way to putting the battery cover on the D2X? I always find myself taking a few minutes to get the cover on

Thank you for any advice.

2. hi Melissa

Easiest way for me is to put the battery in the compartment, and put the cover over and lock it, takes all of 2 seconds. That is it...........if you try to connect the battery outside the compartment as you would to remove the battery from the cover, I could see how that would be frustrating..............hope that helps...........

3. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    Catz

I never remove the battery from the cover, even when charging, unless I am changing the battery for my spare....and I do rotate them on a regular basis.

I find it much easier to insert the battery into the cover prior to inserting it into the camera. Just move the little tab / lever on the cover which allows the posts from the battery to be locked and insert away!

4. Thank you Keith and Jim. These replies help me very much.

5. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

6. Thank you Paul. Where do I get a spare cover? B&H?

7. nfoto

nfoto Guest

This is a joke, true :?:

There is a small slider on the inside of the battery cover which enables it to be removed from the battery unit itself. Pressing the slider to the side to remove the cover should take approx. 1.5 sec on an average (own measurements), and the reverse process about 2 secs.

If this still is unacceptable, put a cover on each battery unit. Then you won't have to swap them ever again (the battery can be charged with the cover in place, by the way). The covers came free with all the batteries I've purchased so far (5-6 for my D2X and D2H bodies).

8. Thanks Bjorn. I got my answer from above. This was not a joke. I really had problems with the battery cover.

9. marc

marc Guest

bjorn.

you beat me to it!

nice interview!