Battle of Lexington Re-enactment Rehearsal

The actual event takes place on Patriot's Day (18th Apr this year) at ~6AM. When I went, we left our house at 3AM to get a front row seat, and even then the seats closest to the action were filled.

The rehearsal takes place at a more respectable hour, and, suitable for photography (despite the high noon lighting). If you're not familiar with this, it's the start of the Revolutionary War (first shots fired). On Patriot's Day, they march along the Battle Road to Concord and there's another staged battle by the Concord Bridge; this doesn't happen during the rehearsal.

========
Sunday, Apr 3, 2PM. At the Lexington Battle Green.
Rain date is Sunday April 10, same time, same place.

For true Revolutionary War buffs, the Minute Men will be drilling on the Green from noon to 1:30.

Parking available on Bedford Street near the Green, or in the lot behind the Lexington Historical Society about 2 blocks from the Green.

Hey Chris,

I would love to make it back to Boston for Patriot's Day. I used to organize trips to Boston & DC for my students & we were in Concord a day after the Patriot's Day celebration. The Revolution is my favourite period in American history and getting to visit the historic locations was a real treat ... even when 45 of us were walking through the financial district chanting "throw the tea into the sea".

I'll look for your photos if you head out again this year.

Take care,

Brent

I managed to get to the reenactment practice a couple of years ago.

Well worth the trip.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Battle fatigue!

Hey Chris,

I would love to make it back to Boston for Patriot's Day. I used to organize trips to Boston & DC for my students & we were in Concord a day after the Patriot's Day celebration. The Revolution is my favourite period in American history and getting to visit the historic locations was a real treat ... even when 45 of us were walking through the financial district chanting "throw the tea into the sea".

I'll look for your photos if you head out again this year.

Take care,

Brent
ha, I think the Tea Party boat is still undergoing renovations...weather permitting, I think I will be...

I managed to get to the reenactment practice a couple of years ago.

Well worth the trip.

Battle fatigue!
:smile: I think I saw him this year as well.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom