Battle of Monmouth 1778 (Additional Photos)

Discussion in 'People' started by Anthony747, Jun 19, 2005.

1. Hi All! A few towns from where I live had the Annual Reenactment of the Battle of Monmouth, I had nothing better to do so I packed the D70 and a few lens. Long story short about the battle:

For several long, hot, and exhausting hours during the afternoon of June 28, the largest land artillery battle of the American Revolution raged. The Continental artillery won the battle forcing the British artillery to withdraw. General Washington moved fresh troops forward to resume the battle at dawn, but during the night, British forces slipped away, ending the last major battle of the north.

The Battle of Monmouth was a political triumph for the Continental Army and General George Washington. The Continental Army had met the British in open field and forced them to retreat. British casualties were two to three times greater than those of the American troops.

If interested you can read more on the battle here: http://www.u-s-history.com/pages/h1116.html

Thanks for looking.

All shot were taken with the D70 and 70-200 VR glass except for the first shot that was with the nikon 12-24.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Love the images.

good job. Well documented.

Love the lady with th HOT pot...

Thank You for sharing

3. Hi Gale! That lady's job was to clean soiled cloth bandages! Sound like fun. BTW did you get your 70-200 VR yet? Best investment for me.

Anthony

4. Very nice images that were fun to look at. Love the cannon shot, your timing was impecable.

5. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    Very Nice . Also Very colorful.

Were you able to move around pretty freely?

6. biggstr6, Yes you can move around. Its a two day event (Saturday & Sunday) and the people in the reenactment act and live as they did on June 28, 1778 except for the Port-A-Johns :)
    The only area you can't walk around is the battlefield which is roped off during the battle. They had a camp tour, Artillery Demonstration, Childern's drill, Feild Hospital Demonstration, Troop Pass Review and The Reenactment of the Battle.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]