1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Baylands Preserve again

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Uncle Frank, Apr 20, 2007.

1. Some sights from today's visit to Baylands Preserve. Philippe Roger was my shooting companion, and I'll bet he'll post some outstanding pics on this thread.

77441970.gif
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 91591

View attachment 91592

View attachment 91593

View attachment 91594

View attachment 91595

View attachment 91596

View attachment 91597

View attachment 91598

View attachment 91599

View attachment 91600

View attachment 91601

2. BigPixel

BigPixel Guest

#9 is very funny.

3. Nice. Dig that duck group shot. What's with the grey skies in California? lol

4. Excellent images. Other than Philippe, any celebrity sightings this time?:wink:

5. Sharon

Sharon

Feb 18, 2006
    Outstanding! Love the "bottoms up" shot!

6. The group shot of the ducks was made possible by a family of desperados who were feeding them... despite signage all around the lake telling them not to. The short, stocky guy at the right had the look of a career criminal.

77456509.gif

Maybe I'll get a reward if my photo helps to convict them :) .

7. You'll have to wait a bit for my images. I shoot raw so I need to process them...

It was great fun once again to shoot with Frank. The weather was not all that cooperative, but it made a bit easier to not blow the whites on the egrets! :wink:

Anyway, here is one from yesterday's shoot.
    145294745-O.jpg

8. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Excellent set Frank. I especially like the RWBB.

9. That's OK. I know they'll be worth the wait. I'm looking forward to seeing how much advantage the 300/4 bought you. I wasn't too happy with the pheasant shots I got from the Kenko TC on the 80-200.

Sweet! I caught one of a Great Egret taking off, and am amazed at the size of his feet!

77441989.gif

As usual, it was a treat shooting with you, Philiipe!

10. Thanks, Frank! The blackbird was posing so close to me that I couldn't take several shots because he was inside the lense's minimum focusing distance. I'm very pleased at the amount of detail the rig delivered on such a jet black birdie, and the way the 80-200 rendered the background. Here's another shot of the little poser.

77459391.gif

11. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Impressive.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.