Baylands Preserve again

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Uncle Frank, Apr 20, 2007.

1. BigPixel

BigPixel Guest

#9 is very funny.

2. Nice. Dig that duck group shot. What's with the grey skies in California? lol

3. Excellent images. Other than Philippe, any celebrity sightings this time?:wink:

4. Sharon

Sharon

Feb 18, 2006
    Outstanding! Love the "bottoms up" shot!

5. The group shot of the ducks was made possible by a family of desperados who were feeding them... despite signage all around the lake telling them not to. The short, stocky guy at the right had the look of a career criminal.

Maybe I'll get a reward if my photo helps to convict them :).

6. You'll have to wait a bit for my images. I shoot raw so I need to process them...

It was great fun once again to shoot with Frank. The weather was not all that cooperative, but it made a bit easier to not blow the whites on the egrets! :wink:

Anyway, here is one from yesterday's shoot.
    [​IMG]

7. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Excellent set Frank. I especially like the RWBB.

8. That's OK. I know they'll be worth the wait. I'm looking forward to seeing how much advantage the 300/4 bought you. I wasn't too happy with the pheasant shots I got from the Kenko TC on the 80-200.

Sweet! I caught one of a Great Egret taking off, and am amazed at the size of his feet!

As usual, it was a treat shooting with you, Philiipe!

9. Thanks, Frank! The blackbird was posing so close to me that I couldn't take several shots because he was inside the lense's minimum focusing distance. I'm very pleased at the amount of detail the rig delivered on such a jet black birdie, and the way the 80-200 rendered the background. Here's another shot of the little poser.

10. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Impressive.