1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Bazooka... OMG !!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Spudsbud, Jul 30, 2007.

1. Yea,.. I wanna hump that around all day....

500mm btw. I guessed 800. L Glass too! $$$$$$$ :eek: 

orig.

2. equetefue

equetefue

Sep 29, 2005
    Kissimmee, FL
    Nice ! i'm drooling.

3. hand held no less. I attemped that with one. Results are all in the trash bin!!!

4. senna

senna

Jan 6, 2007
    San Jose Ca.
    That lens is so big it is set up for a sky hook with the foot on the top. :eek: :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

5. PJohnP

PJohnP

Feb 5, 2005
    Jim :

Not much different weight than the Nikon 200-400mm f/4 AFS/VR, and they are a lot of us who shoot that handheld (for example, Handheld moments...).

John P.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  6. Schnauzermom

Schnauzermom

Apr 13, 2007
    Michigan
    My wrist would snap in half. :eek: 

7. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    nah, not that bad, 200-400 is really pretty close to this, what is a few pounds anyway? except sore arms and wrists! :biggrin: my elbows did ache after 3 days of shooting the 200-400 with he D2xs attached!

I have often wondered what would happen if I sat up on the Canon towers with my nikon cafe hat and Nikon big gun? lol

8. Schnauzermom

Schnauzermom

Apr 13, 2007
    Michigan
    If you do, take a pic. :biggrin:

9. I expect that this image was cropped so as not to reveal the custom RRS "(left) elbow mounting plate" that was affixed to his monopod . . .LOL.

Eric

P.S. to PJohnP - 1/15 s for that shot with that lens? Whoa . . .

10. PJohnP

PJohnP

Feb 5, 2005
    Eric :

Piece of pie, easy as cake, old bean ! There's a reason why I lift weights, and that's it... :rolleyes: 

John P.

11. They've got IS on the long glass which helps.
    I'm surprised at how far back he's holding it. I'd of been a few inches forward for balance on my Nikon.

Don

12. sypher

sypher

May 24, 2006
    Cougar Country
    Don,
    I was thinking the samething.

13. It's just the Canon guys showing off their strong arms. :biggrin:

Don

14. Dave_Canada

Dave_Canada Guest

I can shoot hand held but no way would I ever not use the camera strap,cripes if he dropped that monster he would break his foot let alone the gear.

15. adrianaitken

adrianaitken Guest

Funny how the guy in front is holding his P&S above his head - trying to get the same shot perhaps ?

16. adrianaitken

adrianaitken Guest

Looking at it closer it seems to me to be a common or garden 400mm f2.8 AFwhatever. I hand hold mine but don't lean back as much as he does (his back will go in a few years if he keeps doing that) and have the left hand holding the tripod mount - that's one reason why Nikon is better than Canon, ergonomics in lenses as well as cameras !!!! And if you don't understand that comment it's because on the Nikon the tripod foot is at the front of the lens, not at the back. Cyclist's fingerless glove with gel palms replaces the need for la-de-da fancy-wancy IS/VR and is alot cheaper to replace if broken !!!

17. I don't know how sports shooters and wildlife shooters do it. There is no way I could cart one of those things around with me all day. The longest lens I own is a 180 2.8 and I intend to keep it that way.:wink:

18. I bet this guys would also find the 17-55/2.8 to be extremely light :smile:

19. OK, how bout this guy!!

orig.

20. Well ... Actually... I wonder what Freud would say about that guy ..!?! :rolleyes: :biggrin:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.