BBC News: World press photo award 2004 pictures

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by andreasb, Feb 11, 2005.

1. This link points to the BBC news page for World press photo award 2004

It has some pretty amazing, dramatic and sad pictures, reminds me that there surely are much more important things then taking the pictures, so many poeple where touched by tragic events last year.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/...tures_world_press_photo_award_2004/html/1.stm

I take my Hat off to the great photgraphers that doucumented these events so that we call can gain a greater understanding of what happened.

andreas

2. PJohnP

PJohnP

Feb 5, 2005
    Andreas :

Some sobering good material here.

And also to the point, some of these were selected despite what would be "obvious" OOF, or blown highlights, or a scad of other items nitpicked to death in some venues. Why choose these shots then ? Because they capture a moment with an intent of crystalline clarity, regardless of the technical issues of the shot, but a moment of importance.

Thanks for posting the link. I find a lot to learn from in these images.

John P.

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Thanks for helping to expand our horizons Andreas. Excellent link to some powerful shots.

Another cogent comment John.

Regards to you both,

Frank