BBQ at Jim's - final approach...

Discussion in 'Special Sessions, Events, and Tour Announcements' started by Jim Strathearn, Jun 1, 2007.

1. OK - things are pretty much set. :biggrin:

We'll begin shooting little birdies at 8:00 AM off the porch. I'll have coffee and bagels.

We'll break for lunch at noon and BBQ some hot dogs, hamburgers and it looks like we have some BBQ pork coming as well. We'll have soft drinks, etc. and I think we have some brewskies coming as well. :wink:

At 1:00 PM +/- we'll have a studio portrait session courtesy of Strongdigitalart. I have two (yes, 2) young ladies lined up as models for the afternoon.

We've had some last minute cancellations so if anyone wants to jump in, let me know and I'll PM you the directions.

Linda and I are looking forward to this!

Current list of attendees (although I have not heard recently from Sean):

RKnecht (Rich)
    Clix Pix (Connie)
    Vienna Pics (Mark)
    Crystall
    andrewj (Andy)
    WildBill (Bill)
    sqphotography (Sean)
    Strongdigitalart (John)
    FoyGroup (Bill)
    Plus Linda and I, and a friend of mine who is also a Nikon shooter.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2007
  2. Hmmm...OK...8AM. Looks like I got to get my butt in gear! Jim, about how far from the dam are you? Just so I can get a handle on what time I need to leave here.

3. Hi Jim,

Sorry for the slow response, I will definitely be there, but I will have to leave around 2 p.m. I'll bring a veggie platter and all of my gear including the R1C1 for you Rich. See you Saturday. Oh, and that is a good question regarding distance from the dam.

4. Chris_B

Chris_B

Mar 12, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Have fun guys. I'm disappointed I can't make it.

5. Have a great time folks!
    My compliments for arranging this Jim, I would have loved to be there.
    I look forward to LOTS of images all!

6. Jim,

I will be there after the wedding tomorrow. Thanks for the directions. I should be there following the reception. See you then.

God Bless,
    david

7. We're about a half hour or so north of the dam.

8. Cool! :biggrin:

9. Maybe next time Chris!

We would have loved to have you!

Have a good time at the wedding David! See you tomorrow afternoon.

10. Looking forward to this! It will be fun to again see those of you I've met before and to meet those of you I haven't met previously!

11. All I can say is...i'm glad I have an SUV with lots of room in the back. Didn't realize it was going to be this much gear. :eek:

This is going to be a very good time for everyone!

See y'all tomorrow! I'm guessing around 10-ish for me.

John

12. I will be there as soon as I can get my daughter out of bed. She is really into taking pictures so she should enjoy herself. Since John dropped out and left us without his cookies, I am going to go back to my original plan and bring the chocolate chip cookies. My family has been begging me to make them so this is a good reason to get going.

I will try to be there by 8:00am, but one never knows with a 14 year old. Really looking forward to seeing everyone, and compairing equipment and settings. Being new to the D2X I am interested in seeing other setups.

13. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Someone please take pictures of the members....unless they are in the witness protection program!

14. I'll have that part covered Frank!

You do the same!!!

15. We'll be here! :wink:

16. $20 says Jim will be hiding in the bushes somewhere shooting us like the paparazzi as we pull up in our vehicles! :biggrin:

Off to get the chow for tomorrow.

Drive safe everyone! Looking forward to meeting you!

John

17. Some little birdies from this afternoon:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Afternoons are nice because I get off the porch and down in the yard with the birdies. Gives a little different perspective. You'll see this tomorrow... :wink:

You all drive safe!

18. Jim, I'll try being there as close to 8 as I can. My nav says it is 66 miles from my house...not too bad at all. Looking forward to seeing everyone! Drive safe and see you on the porch tomorrow.

19. Vienna Pics

Vienna Pics

Nov 14, 2005
    Virgnia
    Jim,

Connie is my co-pilot. We should be there about 8:30.

20. Not to worry, Frank....you should know by now that I have the tendency to spend more time shooting my fellow photographers than the birdies or whatever else the subject is supposed to be! LOL!!