BBQ at Jim's - final approach...

OK - things are pretty much set. :biggrin:

We'll begin shooting little birdies at 8:00 AM off the porch. I'll have coffee and bagels.

We'll break for lunch at noon and BBQ some hot dogs, hamburgers and it looks like we have some BBQ pork coming as well. We'll have soft drinks, etc. and I think we have some brewskies coming as well. :wink:

At 1:00 PM +/- we'll have a studio portrait session courtesy of Strongdigitalart. I have two (yes, 2) young ladies lined up as models for the afternoon.

We've had some last minute cancellations so if anyone wants to jump in, let me know and I'll PM you the directions.

Linda and I are looking forward to this!

Current list of attendees (although I have not heard recently from Sean):

RKnecht (Rich)
Clix Pix (Connie)
Vienna Pics (Mark)
Crystall
andrewj (Andy)
WildBill (Bill)
sqphotography (Sean)
Strongdigitalart (John)
FoyGroup (Bill)
Plus Linda and I, and a friend of mine who is also a Nikon shooter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm...OK...8AM. Looks like I got to get my butt in gear! Jim, about how far from the dam are you? Just so I can get a handle on what time I need to leave here.

Hi Jim,

Sorry for the slow response, I will definitely be there, but I will have to leave around 2 p.m. I'll bring a veggie platter and all of my gear including the R1C1 for you Rich. See you Saturday. Oh, and that is a good question regarding distance from the dam.

Have a great time folks!
My compliments for arranging this Jim, I would have loved to be there.
I look forward to LOTS of images all!

Have fun guys. I'm disappointed I can't make it.
Maybe next time Chris!

Have a great time folks!
My compliments for arranging this Jim, I would have loved to be there.
I look forward to LOTS of images all!
We would have loved to have you!

Jim,

I will be there after the wedding tomorrow. Thanks for the directions. I should be there following the reception. See you then.

God Bless,
david
Have a good time at the wedding David! See you tomorrow afternoon.

All I can say is...i'm glad I have an SUV with lots of room in the back. Didn't realize it was going to be this much gear. :eek:

This is going to be a very good time for everyone!

See y'all tomorrow! I'm guessing around 10-ish for me.

John

I will be there as soon as I can get my daughter out of bed. She is really into taking pictures so she should enjoy herself. Since John dropped out and left us without his cookies, I am going to go back to my original plan and bring the chocolate chip cookies. My family has been begging me to make them so this is a good reason to get going.

I will try to be there by 8:00am, but one never knows with a 14 year old. Really looking forward to seeing everyone, and compairing equipment and settings. Being new to the D2X I am interested in seeing other setups.

I will be there as soon as I can get my daughter out of bed. She is really into taking pictures so she should enjoy herself. Since John dropped out and left us without his cookies, I am going to go back to my original plan and bring the chocolate chip cookies. My family has been begging me to make them so this is a good reason to get going.

I will try to be there by 8:00am, but one never knows with a 14 year old. Really looking forward to seeing everyone, and compairing equipment and settings. Being new to the D2X I am interested in seeing other setups.

We'll be here! :wink:

Some little birdies from this afternoon:

158485068-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

158484802-L.jpg

158484961-L.jpg

158484656-L.jpg

Afternoons are nice because I get off the porch and down in the yard with the birdies. Gives a little different perspective. You'll see this tomorrow... :wink:

You all drive safe!

Jim, I'll try being there as close to 8 as I can. My nav says it is 66 miles from my house...not too bad at all. Looking forward to seeing everyone! Drive safe and see you on the porch tomorrow.

Latest threads

Top Bottom