BBWD Ducklings

Hi you'll,

I had hernia surgery recently so I haven't been able to shoot for the last two weeks. I went out today for the first time since my surgery to the Viera Wetlands and I ran across a pair of Black-Bellied Whistling Ducks and their offspring.

31919256-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

31919266-L.jpg

31919257-L.jpg

31919253-L.jpg

Really cute shots Harry. Hey, I just figured out something. You never even had a hernia until you got that monster 500 f4. Solely in the interest of your health, I'll take it off your hands, so you won't get injured again.... :lol:

Flew said:
Really cute shots Harry. Hey, I just figured out something. You never even had a hernia until you got that monster 500 f4. Solely in the interest of your health, I'll take it off your hands, so you won't get injured again.... :lol:

Nice try Frank but this hernia has been with me even before I moved to Florida. Every time I tried to schedule the surgery something came up. You will have to pry my 500mm out of my cold dead hands. :lol:

Harry,

Good to see you up and about.

Great shots.

We looked for then twice last week and the Sunday before that and could not find them.

Great shots Harry. I think Trish has been the only other one to get shots of them. Were they in the far back corner of the wetlands? That stuff in the water in the last shot looks like that muck that's floating back there. Interesting how the ducklings' coloration is so different from the adults.

Glad to see you out and about!

Gale said:
Harry,

Good to see you up and about.

Great shots.

We looked for then twice last week and the Sunday before that and could not find them.

You couldn't find them because you didn't have me wth you. :lol:

Thanks for the kind words.

Those are beautiful pictures, Harry. I, too, find it interesting that the ducklings' coloration is so different from the adults. I have a little girl who LOVES baby ducks and when she gets up tomorrow, I will definitely show her these!

Glad the surgery went well, looks like you didnt miss a beat. Really nice pics, luv the saturation. Cool shot with the reflection as well

Kevin Scott said:
Great shots Harry. I think Trish has been the only other one to get shots of them. Were they in the far back corner of the wetlands? That stuff in the water in the last shot looks like that muck that's floating back there. Interesting how the ducklings' coloration is so different from the adults.

Glad to see you out and about!

Hey Kevin,

They were in the first cell as you enter. They travelled from the north to the south ends of the cell while I was there. Their coloration is amazing. I couldn't believe when I first saw some BBWD's ducklings last year.

greyflash said:
Wow, those are such cute images. The Black Bellied Whistling ducks are really colorful and have darling offspring. Nice captures.

Thanks Gordon, always good to hear from you. .

Lisa said:
Those are beautiful pictures, Harry. I, too, find it interesting that the ducklings' coloration is so different from the adults. I have a little girl who LOVES baby ducks and when she gets up tomorrow, I will definitely show her these!

Thanks Lisa. I hope your daughter enjoys the shots.

sommer said:
Those are gorgeous ducks and such good pictures of them, too. I'm quite jealous of those of you who live in an area where you can photograph these beauties. In my neck of the woods, it's...hey, a robin....wow, a bluejay...again. ;)

Thanks Sommer. Iam lucky down here. Since moving down here last year from NYC I have been astonished by the numbers and varieties of birds we have.

Keith said:
Glad the surgery went well, looks like you didnt miss a beat. Really nice pics, luv the saturation. Cool shot with the reflection as well

Thanks Keith. I was blessed with a nice ay and great light.

Hi Harry,

Glad you're back to your old self again. The shots look great. Love those babies! Say, do they really whistle?

Latest threads

Top Bottom