1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

BCN Heron, close-portrait

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Ron Reznick, Jun 9, 2007.

1. Shot into heavy shadow, mid-morning, this is a 50% resize of a tight-crop from the original image (lots of pixels come in handy sometimes).
    200mm AFS/VR @ f/2 (click to expand for optimum rendering)
    [​IMG]

More birds among the animals in this folder:
    http://www.digital-images.net/temp/SelectAnimals_sRGB

A few more samples:

Cattle Egret baby cuddling Mom, 420mm @ f/5.6
    [​IMG]

Hammerkop about to have lunch, also 200mm AFS/VR @ f/2
    [​IMG]

Shot with a D70 and 500/4 AFS @ f/5.6, here are two Avocets doing what Avocets do in the Palo Alto Wetlands:

"Sex on the Beach"
    [​IMG]

Ron

2. Wow! Stunning captures!

3. Pixelographer

Pixelographer

Dec 22, 2006
    Very nice - awesome, really. Well exposed, with interesting action (had to avert my eyes on last one), and sharp. 420mm?
    Thanks for posting
    Dave

4. bfjr

bfjr Guest

#2 for me !

5. Jeff Lee

Jeff Lee

May 16, 2006
    Oregon
    Very nice. Must be fun to be able to shoot in the sun:) 

6. Hi Dave...

420mm is a 300mm with a 1.4x TC attached.

Steve, the BCNheron was shot into blinding shadow [chuckle]. I was really glad to be able to shoot at f/2. The Cattle Egrets was shot on a fully overcast day (notice the lack of shadows). The Hammerkop was shot during a partially overcast day, and only the "Sex on the Beach" shot was taken in full sun. I suppose I could have included a night shot along with a sunrise and sunset pair to complete the gamut :^)

Ron

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.