Be on the lookout for my stolen gear.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mitchell, Apr 22, 2007.

1. Just had my car broken into while at my son's little league game. Stolen were my:

D2X Serial # 5036647

28-70mm, f2.8 zoom Serial #273966

300mm, f2.8VR Serial #200198

If any of these turn up in any of the boards you see, please let me know.

2. Sharon

Sharon

Feb 18, 2006
    That is just awful! Hope you get it back some how.

3. JMartin

JMartin Guest

Ouch Mitch! So sorry to hear that :mad:

I will keep my eyes open and will spread the word to everyone I know locally as well.

4. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    I hate to hear that, Mitch. If you need anything, just yell.

5. Oh, that's awful, Mitch! I am really sorry to hear about this. You must be devastated! This is just sickening.....

6. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Mitch, as much as I would like to say, "You have to be kidding", I know that you aren't. I am so sorry to hear this terrible news. I hope that your car insurance or other insurance will cover this loss. Mitch, I honestly am speechless.

7. Mitch, I'm so sorry to hear this...I know I would be devastated if I lost my gear like this...

I'll keep a watch out...I subscribe to several boards, so I'll watch out...

Take care...

8. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    Sorry man, that really does suck.

9. After my car was vandalized while parked in a remote parking area (they couldn't break the double pane windows out but still did #2K worth of damage) I simply no longer leave any gear in my car. Yes, it's a pain to carry everything in each day. In today's world however; it's a necessity. Damn sorry for your misfortune.

A fellow bird shooter had his side window broken out. . they then removed the back of his rear seat to access the trunk. . . .there were 2 bags in the trunk. . .1 with all his camera lenses and the other with camera gear manuals. . . thankfully they took the bag with the manuals. So the lesson learned is even if everything is kept out of sight in the passenger compartment, they will still get into your trunk. The cops called it a "Smash and Grab."

10. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

Yuck. That sucks and blows.

11. vettenut

vettenut

Feb 27, 2006
    Tolland CT
    :frown: I would like to say I'm shocked but sadly enough I'm not, my fear of this happening to me keeps my high end gear home unless it's attached to me personally but this is not how it should be. I have little tolerance of those who have no conscience and feel they have the right to take from others:mad:. I hope your insurance company takes care of you, wishing you a speedy insurance check and some new gear. - Jeff

12. Mitch,

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I hope your gear is recovered.

13. Very bad news. Be sure and check with the car insurance and homeowners insurance.

14. Mitch, that is just horrible! I'm sorry it happened to you. I hope your insurance will cover everything.

15. That pretty much sums it up.

Hope the insurance is quick and painless.

Don

16. Not only do I hope you recover your losses through insurance, I hope the police checked for finger prints? Maybe I watch too many movies, but I'm sorry it happened!

17. bett

bett

Mar 31, 2007
    New Hampshire
    I can't even imagine finding that.

Man..., I don't what to say.

Really, I'm just sitting here watching my cursor blink.

18. And at a little league game no less!! That means it was most likely either another parent or a big brother to one of the kids there.

19. Terrible News. I am sure sorry to hear of your bad luck.
    Is there a way that you could notify Nikon? if they ever show up for repairs can the serial numbers be flagged? Here the pawn shops are connected some how to the police through a computer system and they have to log serial numbers, and identity of people bringing in items for pawn. For it to work tho' you have to file a report wit the police which I presume you have done. I would start looking on E-Bay too. I hear it is a good place to sell stolen items.

20. WOW Mitch that really sucks I am so sorry to hear that hope whatever inusrance it is covered under will replace for you