1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Beach bums... it was bound to happen

Discussion in 'People' started by LindaZ, Sep 14, 2008.

1. LindaZ

LindaZ

Jul 29, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    I had the car today, and drove about 3-4 minutes to the beach............:cool: 

Yeah, I did buy a bike yesterday, but need a trailer for it.

Anyway, the kids went crazy and I ran to get little miss super fast and fearless Freya, keeping her from getting knocked over and sucked out to sea. lol

And I had spf50 on but apparently that wasn't enough for a Swede like me :rolleyes: 

It was so much fun though, these pictures are before they got all wild and wet as I had to put the camera down.

My poor pale son.... but the sunlotion worked well on the kids.

[​IMG]

2. Well, you are going to have a great time in your new home!!! Wonderful shots of the kiddos.

3. Aaaah, a new set of beach rules for the kids. What not to pick up out of the sand, what the undertow is, share your toys (kids toys), sun block before you go out in the sun, etc., etc.

4. I moved from the beach and you moved to the beach! These are adorable Linda! You'll love everything about it except the sand that follows you for weeks after only one day of playing. :) 

5. LindaZ

LindaZ

Jul 29, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    We had a ton of fun! lol, yeah I know Sonya, it's funny.

This is much warmer than the Monterey water. I never even tipped my toes in California, as it was kind of cold. The sand I could live without, although it is good exfoliation. LOL

Look at my poor pale kiddos. SPF50 seemed enough, but I got myself a face cream of SPF85. I did burst out in freckles even with the SPF50. haha

6. iLLMaCK

iLLMaCK Guest

You'll enjoy the NC beach, beautiful area there.

7. Try your local Craigslist for a bike carriage. :smile: You guys will really enjoy the beach!

8. It's not nice to brag. :biggrin:

Keep the sand out of your camera gear. :biggrin:

9. Trish5

Trish5

Mar 31, 2005
    Linda,

Cute pics on the beach! I just moved also; 3 miles from where I was living but still tons of work! Here is a MUST DO before getting kids back into the car

Sprinkle baby powder on the kids..everywhere but head and face....sand comes off like MAGIC! Best advice I ever received when we moved to Florida with 3 little ones. Enjoy!

10. LindaZ

LindaZ

Jul 29, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    Oh I do :biggrin:

Good idea Gret, although it has to be one that connects to the bike frame and not the wheel, my husband has a weird bike.

:biggrin: I spent my first 25 years in a rather cold and dark country, and then some years in Pennsylvania - heck yea, I'm gonna brag a little! :cool: 

Thank you, our closest beach actually have a water hose to use after the beach!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.