Beach Photos

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by confused, Jun 24, 2005.

1. Nothing special here.......just messed around inbetween painting and moving furniture down the hill. This is out at our summer beach cabin. Has been in my family for about 100 years now. I am 4th or 5th generation in it and its a wonderful place. The mountain you will see in a photo or two below. The sun sets right over that mountain in the summer and is absolutely gorgeous. (im sorry I don't have a pic to share of that) Maybe I can get one this summer while we spend a week up there. I just love this place so I thought I would share some photos from there. I converted the photos to black and white because the colored ones weren't looking too good. I kind of like how they are tilted. Meh..could be me. :D
    This is just a real special place for me so I thought I might share. I will see if I can get up some photos of the houses. They have been around for 60+ years and are painted red...the red is still very vivid too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Hi Elliott, that is a neat place that you are photographing. Your B&W conversions are quite good. I have seen many photographers use a tilted images as a design element but this usually does not come off well for water scenes. If you did it on purpose then more power to you.

3. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    I was thinking the same thing....I just haven't mastered it yet. And it's too bad too, because I used to love to shoot B&W when I film was the thing. Guess I'm gonna have to learn how to do it. Well done. I really like the effect it has on your second shot.