Beachcombing

2736553012_0290e899d0_o.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

great shot
nicely done
but, i'd crop more off the left....
that girl on the right is too much in the middle of the frame.... making it static and boring
get rid of the excess on the left and the image will be even better

such as:

345902818_M4ZFi-O.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Very nice and I love the processing. I agree with Greg about the crop. When I looked at the original I got the impression you couldn't decide if you wanted the subject in the middle of the frame or on the left.

Maybe asking before you copy and edit it.

I do agree with cropping it a bit, but not as much of it like Greg's version.

It really just comes down to personal preference.

Other than that, excellent image.

i meant him no disrespect in cropping it before i asked
i suppose that every moderator now is angry with me because i did that
all these years
all this time here
and folks still get angry

sorry to upset him.... and you
i shouldn't have done it without asking first

please forgive me

all these years
all this time here

please forgive me

Greg,
I would not take that quote to bad, You have done it at lot and I think
people appreciate it and everyone knows you are just trying to help. I
know if anyone cropped, or impoved my image, I would be glad, for I know
everyone on this forum is here to help.

Phil..........:smile:

Very nice shot, great composition and colours :smile:
Thanks!
Very nice John!! I love natural shots. Love the PS!
Thanks! The setting and lighting made for a fun time to taking pictures.
i hope you don't mind me posting that suggestion here
i'll remove it, if you like
Greg, good suggestion, and absolutely NO worries from me about posting your edit. With over 25,000 posts of encouragement, support, and constructive critique, you are one of the reasons I frequent the CAFE frequently.:smile:
Very nice and I love the processing. I agree with Greg about the crop. When I looked at the original I got the impression you couldn't decide if you wanted the subject in the middle of the frame or on the left.

Thanks Miguel. I appreciate everyone's critique.

all these years
all this time here
Greg,
I think you are one of the kindest and nicest members of the cafe here, and I think most all of us agree that you are so helpful in your 'suggestions' . If people get angry (triggered at that), then it really isn't part of what you do to them, but what they do to themselves. Afterall, we are here at the cafe to help each other in our photography endeavors towards that end. Your threads that you have begun are awesome, and your post processing suggestions really do make a difference in my seeing photography from a new point of view. (ie, how I can see compositions and lighting better). Your positive outlook, attitude, and quick humility (asking for forgiveness when one may be offended) only contribute positively, IMHO!!

Greg, good suggestion, and absolutely NO worries from me about posting your edit. With over 25,000 posts of encouragement, support, and constructive critique, you are one of the reasons I frequent the CAFE frequently.

Me too!!

I really love it!!! The muted colors are fantastic. I love the way their clothes are color coordinated.
Thanks Terri! Interestingly enough, the two girls had never met before that morning, but I think they respected each others fashion sense.

Greg,
I think you are one of the kindest and nicest members of the cafe here, and I think most all of us agree that you are so helpful in your 'suggestions' . If people get angry (triggered at that), then it really isn't part of what you do to them, but what they do to themselves. Afterall, we are here at the cafe to help each other in our photography endeavors towards that end. Your threads that you have begun are awesome, and your post processing suggestions really do make a difference in my seeing photography from a new point of view. (ie, how I can see compositions and lighting better). Your positive outlook, attitude, and quick humility (asking for forgiveness when one may be offended) only contribute positively, IMHO!!

Well said Carol.:smile:

Hi All,
I'm so glad a lot of poster feel as I do about Greg, the kindness and
wanting to help comes out of him as the Doctor he is, always wanting
to help and be kind, Greg would never do anything to hurt anyone.
Keep up the good work Greg.

Phil............:smile:

all these years
all this time here

please forgive me

Come on folks leave Greg alone. He's been doing that for years. My question is... has anyone asked Greg to remove his edits? It's not like Greg is editting printing and make a fortune from other people's photos. Let's be real. Who cares if Greg edits. When people post here they anticipate a critic. That's Greg's way of doing it that's all. So leave leave him alone. Plus Greg's a nice guy.

Greg,
I would not take that quote to bad, You have done it at lot and I think
people appreciate it and everyone knows you are just trying to help. I
know if anyone cropped, or impoved my image, I would be glad, for I know
everyone on this forum is here to help.

Phil..........:smile:

thanks, phil
that means a lot to me
but.... someone actually complained to the moderators about this "event."
so.... i am truly sorry that i offended anyone

no matter how many posts i have here.... i am just like anyone else... trying to help and no offend
i stepped over the line in SOMEONE'S eyes, this time
and.... i'm sorry

Greg, good suggestion, and absolutely NO worries from me about posting your edit. With over 25,000 posts of encouragement, support, and constructive critique, you are one of the reasons I frequent the CAFE frequently.:smile:

i am truly humbled by those words
i am sorry that i did that
and i promise to always ask FIRST in the future

thanks for taking the time to respond

Greg,

carol,
it was kind of you to say that to me
i was honestly saddened to receive 2 moderator reminders (they were just doing their jobs/someone DID complain about me) about my improper netiquette. i'm glad that most everyone here knew i was only trying to help and suggest.

carol....
once again, thank you for your kindness.... it means a lot to me

Latest threads

Top Bottom