Bear cubs in Poing - Cuteness Alert!

Discussion in 'Birds' started by afx, Apr 4, 2007.

1. afx

afx

Jan 16, 2006
    Munich, Germany
    Our local wildlife park received a female brown bear with three cubs last week.
    Currently they are in a small enclosure with a really obnoxious fence. The cubs are still shy, but I managed to capture them yesterday evening once the crowds where gone and the sun hid behind the clouds. So the images are not really of high quality (more like evidence ;-), but maybe they entice the southern German readership to visit while the three cubs are still small (currently three months old). I do not know when they will be allowed to use the larger enclosure (which has a nice setup for photography without intervening fences).

140911639-L.

140911734-L.

140911822-L.

140911888-L.

All at ISO 1600 with the 80-200AFS and only mild NN to not kill the fur. EXIF on the larger images when you click on them.
    I plan to go there as often as I can and show their progress here: http://afx.smugmug.com/gallery/2663146#140911639

cheers
    afx

2. Wow these are great captures!

And the pups are cute. And they outnumber Knut 3 to 1 :Crunk:

Love the bearlook on the last one!

3. Cute, thanks afx!
    I couldn't see the brown bears when I was visiting Knut as they showed him in their enclosure (so they had to stay behind the scenes). Nice to see them with their mum.

4. VoidRaven

VoidRaven

Jul 13, 2006
    Lagrange, OH
    Amazing captures! Wonderful detail in the fur especially considering you shot these at ISO1600! (I don't shoot that high...maybe I should try once in a while.) The cub in the last shot almost looks fake or animatronic with the expression on its face.

I'll have to check out the link to see more.

5. Too cute! Made me smile this morning.

6. Wonderful images! Those are Grizzlies - be sure to stay on the good side of the fence! As cute as they look, these are fierce!

7. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Excellent images. You did a great job:>))
    They are just precious
    Good work

8. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    Excellent shots. #2 is priceless. Very cute.

9. JamesMor

JamesMor

Jun 28, 2005
    New York
    It is hard not to fall in love with these little guys. Very nicely done - though I particularly like the last one.

James

10. gadgetguy11

gadgetguy11

Nov 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    These are all awesome!! I really like #3. Fantastic capture!!

11. Baxter

Baxter

Jan 8, 2007
    Clemson, SC
    Great shots. That third one is hilarious.

12. Great series of shots.

LOuie