Bear in the yard...again

Was late bringing in the bird feeders for the night. This bruin came to visit - around 10:30 p.m. and seems to have settled for the night. Tried to scare him away....even tried playing the accordion to get him to move. It just served to scare him up the tree.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
My guess is he wants to check out the high iso capabilities of the D6.
Cool shots Bob, I agree with Bill he's giving you a chance to crank the ISO up on that new D6.
I think you both might have something there Dan and Louis. Nikon must be getting desperate to ramp up their sales if they have to resort to recruiting bears as ambassadors

It could be just that the bear has bad taste.

There is a classical piano recital series at the Kennedy Center that has been going on for decades that presents up-and-comer artists that sometimes go on to become world class superstars. Last season the series included an accordion recital. At the first recital of this season, the CEO of the presenting organization announced that there would be no accordion recital. The entire audience immediately broke into applause.

Personally, I wouldn't even think of spending the big money on a D6 unless I was certain a bear would wander into my yard so I could photograph it.
That's why I bought it...it came with a certified bear sighting guarantee.
That bear obviously has hearing issues if the accordion couldn't get it to leave.
LOL...but it seemed to settle down with the playing..so music - even accordion music- soothes the savage beast.
It could be just that the bear has bad taste.

There is a classical piano recital series at the Kennedy Center that has been going on for decades that presents up-and-comer artists that sometimes go on to become world class superstars. Last season the series included an accordion recital. At the first recital of this season, the CEO of the presenting organization announced that there would be no accordion recital. The entire audience immediately broke into applause.
I know... eh..Accordions are a developed taste.

Amazing ISOs and they look clean
I was pleasantly surprised, though it was dark enough that I had to hunt to acquire focus. Just a light pass in Lightroom DFine ( DXO PL is not up to date with the D6 RAW files. Would have preferred to pass it through Prime ). I think the ones in the 20,000 range are very usuable. The ones in 60,000 iso range could have benefited from DXO PL Prime

These are great shots, Bohdan! Now how do we get the picture of you playing the accordion to the bear! 😊
Thanks Dossy. ...I think next time I'll get my wife to do that.
Time to take up the bagpipes, perhaps!
Och Aye...our neighbour plays the bagpipes in her hard every other day. My next option was the Renaissande Lute...I'm still learning that one.
Great shots, I'm amazed at the high ISOs. I too have to worry about the killer squirrels, but am happy to report the raccoons haven't been around much.
Thanks..I was amazed as well. Racoons we don't have around here..though from a distance they are cute.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom