Bear Mountain Autumn Panoramas

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by RFCGRAPHICS, Oct 29, 2005.

1. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    From the leaked info on the D200, it is on my buy list. But in the mean time, my D100 keeps ticking. Some panos from Bear Mountain NY. stitched with realviz stitcher handheld.

nikkor 35-70 6 image panorama
    original.

nikkor 35-70 4 image panorama
    View attachment 17514

nikkor 12-24 3 image panorama
    View attachment 17515

nikkor 180mm 3 image panorama
    View attachment 17516

nikkor 50mm 4 image panorama
    View attachment 17517

Regards

RFC

2. heiko

heiko

May 15, 2005
    Israel
    Your D100 is ticking very nicely. You got some beautiful pictures here. Nice autumn colors. I love the exposure and PP.

Do you use any special head to do the panoramic pictures, esp. with the 180mm?

3. The one i like the most are the first and the last two, very colorful with great contrast in the paysages.

4. Robert that first one is stunning. I love that area and went there many times as a child with my parents thanks for the memories, we seem to feed each others memories.

5. The first image is my favorite, the colors and detail are excellent.

6. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Hi Greyflash, Mike Mac, Gilles, Heiko,

Thanks for the comments. The fall colors havent peaked yet this year so these images were a test visit. All images were handheld. In fact, I did bring a tripod and but forgot the arca camera plate. Sometimes I do some really dumb things :redface:

For those interested in a folliage report check out this site.

http://www.foliagenetwork.com/reports/northeast_us/

Regards

RFC

7. JayR

JayR

Jul 6, 2005
    Redmond, WA.
    The first one is awesome. I really like the lighting/colors on that one.

8. Great panos and wonderful colours. Our colours are pretty dismal due to the severe drought this summer, no vibrant reds like we normally get. These are stunning - I can't wait to see these same pics at the colour peak!!! :wink:

9. That first image blew my mind. VERY nicely done. Love the colors. It portrays Autumn very nicely.

10. FishSauce

FishSauce

Aug 10, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    The sceneries are beautiful

11. Johan

Johan

Jun 18, 2005
    Belgium
    Hi RFCNIKON,

Congrats with your shots, these make excellent panoramas. The exposure on the 3th and the 5th image is wonderful that in combination with the lovely autumn colours makes them my two favourites of your series.

Did you use a polarization filter ?

Kind Regards

Johan

12. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    Hi Robert

Absolutely stunning - what fabulous colours. Like them al.

Really caught the autumnal feel.

All the best

Ray

13. Robert
    I know I looked at these a few days ago, can not believe that I had not replied. Your Panos are stunning and I always look forward to viewing them. These are great and I bet that is as good as the color ever got.
    Dave

14. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Hi JayR, TOLady, TKO, FishSauce, Johan, RayGuselli,dmwphoto

Just wanted to thank you for the kind comments. I am getting adicted to taking panoramas :smile:

Johan.....I did not use any polarizer in these images. But I did use a 2 soft ND gradient filter on the third image.

Thanks Again,

RFC

15. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Robert,
    It isn't the camera, it is the photographer :>))

Great job again.
    The colors are beautiful.

16. Hi RFC,

These are all great shots but the second and third one take my breath away.

Thanks for sharing your panaramas.

17. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Thanks Catz and Gale for the kind comments. My big secret is I hide my many rejects. :smile:

Regards

RFC