Bear Point birds.......

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Backdoctor, Aug 21, 2005.

1. saw one osprey who managed to elude me, but here are a couple from the morning. Got hot, so I headed home around 9am.

original.

this is severely cropped, and shows it, but any flight shot of a kingfisher is a feat. Little bandits...
    original.

this is about full frame, this guy was cooperative. I originally shot this in portrait mode:

original.

2. Nice shots, that Kingfisher is still eluding me. I will get that little b#&%#d one day! :)

Good job!!

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Very nice shots Harris. I got a Kingfisher too yesterday, but he was pretty far away. Don't know if it was worth processing or not.

4. Well done Harris, you have been busy with your camera. Like the first image the best.

5. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Nice shots, Harris! Every time I've seen a Little Blue Heron they've been hunting food - nice to see that they actually stand still and rest once in a while. Nice capture on the Kingfisher!

6. Nice shots those darn kingfishers are on the top of my list for sure

7. Nicely done Harris, nice series, like them all

8. Nice pics, Harris! I aggree, any kingfisher flight shot is a good one. Tney are fast!

9. Nice job Harris. I sure know what you mean about the Kingfisher.

10. GeeJay

GeeJay

Jan 26, 2005
    Florida
    Very nice job, Harris. I don't often wait for pictures to come up on this slow line but had to see yours. Sure reminds me of Florida.We'll be going back after Labor Day if the hurricanes don't show up again.

Keep up the good work even if it get too hot.

11. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Note to self: Must enter Bear Point coordinates into GPS ;)

Very nice shots. I really like the GWE? flight shot. Like you, the Kinfisher is really atoughie to get anything close of. Nice Tricolor too!