Bear Tooth Pass in Wyoming

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Terri French, Sep 22, 2005.

1. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    I had the wonderful experience of driving to the top of Bear Tooth Pass yesterday. I can't believe I haven't been there before since the pass isn't that far outside of Yellowstone Park. This year the pass is only half way open. There was a mudslide last May that closed part of the pass. I hope to return next summer when I can go all the way across.

The western summit is almost 11,000 feet high.

Here is a link to the entire gallery

Here are a few sample shots. I hope I did the area justice. It is an amazing experience. All taken with the D70 and 18-70 lens plus a polarizer.

View attachment 15806

View attachment 15807

View attachment 15808

View attachment 15809

View attachment 15810

View attachment 15811

If you ever go there--dress warmly. It was so cold and windy at the top. I couldn't use a tripod at the very top. I was afraid it would blow over.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2005
  2. You are up above tree line for sure. Great shots and love the doughnut cloud formation. Nice images Terri.
  3. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Stunning Images
    what a great time you had and shot some beautiful stuff !!
  4. Excellent images Terri, with great compositions and vibrant colors. The doughnut cloud and pic #5 (small lake) are my favorites. Great job all around, though! :smile: :biggrin:
  5. Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    All I can say is Absolutely Beautiful...

Thanks again for shareing these. Look foward to next batch :>))
  6. Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    As usual....wonderful landscapes, Terri! I love the doughnut cloud formation. Fantastic series, thanks for sharing.
  7. Terri, those are real nice shots...having gone there recently, I feel like I remember every minute detail! :wink: