Bear up a tree

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by super_rep, May 22, 2007.

1. Yesterday afternoon my daughter, who lives next door, called to say that the dogs had a bear up the linden tree in her backyard. I grabbed my D200 with the 24-120 VR lens and this is what I found.

BearupaTree-1.

Chet

2. Am I not seeing something? work blocks a few picture-hosting sites so I can't tell but I normally get a red "x".

*edit*

Ahh..there is the dreaded box..I wasn't getting it earlier....Sorry about that.

3. Works for three folks I know, so you must be blocked.

Chet

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Ohhhh how cute. Love the pose

5. haze2

haze2

Mar 18, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Where did the bear find those Mickey Mouse ears! :biggrin:

6. gadgetguy11

gadgetguy11

Nov 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    Great image!! I can't believe those ears!!

7. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    That is one cute cub, and a great pose, and he was at the head of the ear line, huh!

8. The rest of the story. My daughter lives about 1/2 mile away. We have an old gas golfcart that we use to run the grandsons back and forth. I was on the golf cart circling around on their large lawn. The bear, about a 2-3 year old who was probably just kicked out on his own this year has been trying to raid any food he can find is the area, without much luck. We all keep our garbage in the garages and take the bird feeders in at night. The branch he is sitting on has a bird feeder hanging down from it and he was caught in the act of trying to pull it up.

The dogs, a st'd poodle and a black lab had had him up the tree for about 15 minutes when I got there. My buzzing around on the noisy golf cart sure made him nervous so right after I got this photo he came down ad took off for the woods. He sure didn't like the golf cart buzzing around the yard.

The location is in the Pocono Mountains of eastern PA. The camera was a NIKON D200 with a 24-120 VR lens, f5.6, 1/125, iso 200.

Chet

9. asaya

asaya Subscribing Member

Aug 7, 2006
    Syracuse, NY
    Tony Saya
    Wow nice shot looks like the poor fellow was a bit nervous

10. Chet, that's one of the funniest bear shots I've ever seen!

11. I see it now.
    That's quite the portrait pose, you must have some real good calming vibes going on!

12. I have been having problems for the last couple of weeks. The bear get on my deck and try to open the grill, they have also taken care of my bird feeders. They have no respect for all of my hard work. I have not been able to get a shot of them yet but my neighbor came face to face with one a couple of days ago on his deck. The bear jumped from his deck about 12 feet to the ground and ran into the woods. I don't want to get that close.

Bob