Bears Camp 2005

Papa85 and I went to a Bears training camp last Wednesday, it was hot, humid and sunny...but we had a great time shooting. Here are a few images that I shot.

Wide receiver Muhsin Muhammad...
47253133.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Cornerback Rashied Davis...
View attachment 13256

Wide receiver Mark Bradley...
View attachment 13257

QB Rex Grossman...without crutches for now!!!
View attachment 13258

Kicker Nick Novak...
View attachment 13259

D

dbirdsong

Great photos..
But I have to remind you they are still the Da Bears.. It won't be a pretty season.. but then again I am a Lions fan, at least you can say your team won a Super Bowl. That is more than we can say. :)

Maybe I will go to the Lions only open workout on Saturday.

Great shots, training camp sure is fun, hope your QB stays healthy, we just lost Todd Pinkston one of our wide receivers to a ruptured Achilles tendon.

Hi Dave and Ray,

As a Bears, Cubs and Blackhawks fan, I have been conditioned to deal with a perennial loser. The best thing going for each of these Chicago teams...is that at least their uniforms match!!!

But, IMHO, Wrigley Field is a wonderful place to watch baseball, I have never been to the re-vamped Soldier Field but it looks neat from the outside...and, well, uh, er, the Blackhawks sweaters all match!!!!

D

dbirdsong

A very close friend of mine is a Chicago fan... Loves the Bears (all most as much as Ohio State, what a loser! :) )
My kids when they were young would call his vm at a work and leave the following message..
Da Bears.. They Suck!

Now the one that did it the most works for him... :)
So now she just walks into his office 3 or 4 times a day and says it... He just smiles and says Yeap! But they are Da Bears!

:)

Hey Dave,

We always have to remember to tell our families and friends, be careful what you say or do to others, 'cuz paybacks are a b*tch!!! :oops:

Hey Mike,

Yeah, I heard about the Pinkston loss, that's a terrible injury...long, painful re-hab in-store for him.

Hi Frank,

It's getting so that we have better coverage of spring practice on this site than some of the sports magazines do. Nice images.

Thanks Gordon,

It is so rare to have an opprotunity to shoot professional athletes. How I wish I could occassionally get credentials to shoot some pro sports. It would certainly be a great experience. Until that priviledge presents itself...I am appreciative to be able to get close to the Bears at their training camp. I am hoping to get there again next Wednesday and shoot from the sidelines rather than the endzone so I can get their faces in the images.

Were those mostly shot with the 70-200 VR? Ive been going to Jets camp but I cant get sharp images like that. I think I need to start a 70-200vr fund.

Hi Manish,

Actually, all of these images were shot with a 300mm f/2.8 prime. I brought the 28-70mm and the 70-200mm but never used them. You mentioned saving for a VR, if your shutter speed if over 1/350 sec., the VR option will only cause images to look soft. If your images aren't sharp, it may be due to being shot hand-held...try using a monopod to minimize camera shake.

Latest threads

Top Bottom