Bears Camp 2005

Discussion in 'Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography' started by eng45ine, Aug 5, 2005.

1. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
  2. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Great photos..
    But I have to remind you they are still the Da Bears.. It won't be a pretty season.. but then again I am a Lions fan, at least you can say your team won a Super Bowl. That is more than we can say. :)

Maybe I will go to the Lions only open workout on Saturday.

3. Very nice pictures of the "Da Bears."

Go Broncos!!!

I can't believe I said that. Sorry. LOL

4. Great shots, training camp sure is fun, hope your QB stays healthy, we just lost Todd Pinkston one of our wide receivers to a ruptured Achilles tendon.

5. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Hi Dave and Ray,

As a Bears, Cubs and Blackhawks fan, I have been conditioned to deal with a perennial loser. The best thing going for each of these Chicago teams...is that at least their uniforms match!!!

But, IMHO, Wrigley Field is a wonderful place to watch baseball, I have never been to the re-vamped Soldier Field but it looks neat from the outside...and, well, uh, er, the Blackhawks sweaters all match!!!!

6. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

A very close friend of mine is a Chicago fan... Loves the Bears (all most as much as Ohio State, what a loser! :) )
    My kids when they were young would call his vm at a work and leave the following message..
    Da Bears.. They Suck!

Now the one that did it the most works for him... :)
    So now she just walks into his office 3 or 4 times a day and says it... He just smiles and says Yeap! But they are Da Bears!

:)

7. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Love all your shots Frank,

Football one of my favorite sports.

Well done.

8. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Thanks so much, Gale. Had a great time with papa85 (Tony) in the hot August sun!!!!

9. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Hey Dave,

We always have to remember to tell our families and friends, be careful what you say or do to others, 'cuz paybacks are a b*tch!!! :oops:

10. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Hey Mike,

Yeah, I heard about the Pinkston loss, that's a terrible injury...long, painful re-hab in-store for him.

11. Hi Frank,

It's getting so that we have better coverage of spring practice on this site than some of the sports magazines do. Nice images.

12. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Thanks Gordon,

It is so rare to have an opprotunity to shoot professional athletes. How I wish I could occassionally get credentials to shoot some pro sports. It would certainly be a great experience. Until that priviledge presents itself...I am appreciative to be able to get close to the Bears at their training camp. I am hoping to get there again next Wednesday and shoot from the sidelines rather than the endzone so I can get their faces in the images.

13. manishg

manishg

Jul 22, 2005
    Long Island, NY
    Were those mostly shot with the 70-200 VR? Ive been going to Jets camp but I cant get sharp images like that. I think I need to start a 70-200vr fund.

14. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Hi Manish,

Actually, all of these images were shot with a 300mm f/2.8 prime. I brought the 28-70mm and the 70-200mm but never used them. You mentioned saving for a VR, if your shutter speed if over 1/350 sec., the VR option will only cause images to look soft. If your images aren't sharp, it may be due to being shot hand-held...try using a monopod to minimize camera shake.

15. manishg

manishg

Jul 22, 2005
    Long Island, NY
    I usually use a shutter of 1/500s. I'll try a monopod next time. Thanks for the advice.