Beast versus Monster

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by hans, Dec 25, 2005.

1. hans

hans

Feb 5, 2005
    The Netherlands
    OK the 28-70 is called the beast have to find out why just got it but let me tell you I spoiled myself by bying also the 200 f2 VR,WOW that's a monster sorry I'm not able to post pics due to problems with my website but people this is some lens.

Costs a fortune but worth every Euro of it,only used it handheld sofar, my tripod is still in Portugal,sharp,sharp,sharp,fast,fast,fast............

If you can afford this one buy it you wont regret

Did I tell you it's big and weighs a ton but WOW a monster.

Gonna try the beast today..........

2. Hi Hans!

I've been missing you for a while. What 's going on?

And, yes, the 200VR would be the first lens to buy if I could afford it right now.

Cheers

3. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Hey Stranger!

Heard you were out of town, welcome back and Merry Christmas! Would be glad to host a few pics for you if you want to email them to me. It's in my profile. Wanna see what that monster's capable of!

4. nfoto

nfoto Guest

It is my normal lens. And yes, it is really outstanding in optical terms.

Just get rid of the wide hood delivered with it. I dubbed the factory hood as the "Rain Collector" after using the 200 outdoors under ...er .. Norwegian shooting conditions, so replaced it forthwith with the lens hood from my 300/2.8 AFS.

200/2 VR with the appropriate hood on a decent tripod

[​IMG]

By the way, the tripod mount on the 200 sucks, but since it otherwise is a phenomenal performer, I guess I have to bite the bullet. And I've already drilled into the mount to reinforce it (of course).

5. The 200 VR would be the first lens I'd buy if I could EVER afford it. :cool:

Woody

6. Raindog

Raindog

Nov 26, 2005
    Asheville, NC
    Congrats Hans,

The 200/2 is a great lens. Make sure to buy a padded strap though, all day excursions will take their toll on your shoulder.