Beautiful Skin How'd I Do?

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by steve f, Jul 13, 2007.

1. Last weekend my older daughter (on the left) received her Masters Degree from the University of Connecticut. My wife, younger daughter and myself srove up for the ceremonies. While we were attending the dinner they gave in honor of the graduates, I snapped this pic of both my daughters.

I had read previously read the Beautiful Skin tutorial by Czechman (thanks Woody) and thought I would give it a try on this shot.

I still want to do some masking in order to replace the background, but I wanted to post my effort so far and get some C&C on it. Is it OK, or do I have some more work to do?

Thanks,

Steve

[​IMG]

2. Your work is good but I feel you have taken it too far. I would cut back on the skin blur and also on the teeth and eye whitening. Your objective is to leave enough texture to the skin so you can't really tell that you have applied skin softening. The teeth are unnaturally white, especially on the younger daughter.

3. Second that.
    BTW, anyone ever told your oldest daughter she could pass for the actress that plays Tony Soprano's daughter?

4. They look a little plasticy (is that a word?)... I'd back the opacity down.

5. Gordon, Mr. Ricco & Brian,

Thank you all for the comments. I guess deep down I had the feeling that it was a little over the top. And, I should probably know by now that if that feeling is there it's probably right.

I'll give it another go in a day or two (busy weekend coming up) and post the second try.

To be honest I haven't heard anyone compare her to Tony's daughter. Although now that you mention it I can see a similarity.

Thanks again for looking and commenting.

Steve