Beautiful water with a bird in the way

Went out before sunrise this morning looking for something to shoot. Saw this GBH standing in the lovely water so had to grab a shot. Nothing special about the bird but I thought the water was worth the pixels.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Wow..gorgeous image, love that orange/pink background and water...would look great as a large print!
Thanks for the comment. It would look good in a room that needs some color.
Killer shot Dan
Thanks, Randy.
Super shot - I believe there are tools available in software to clone out the Bird if so desired :D
Just a giant clone stamp would work on this one.
That reflection is perfection. The water is absolutely still
It was a rare still morning for this area. I'm a sucker for a good reflection.

Unrealistic environment for this beautiful shot.
Sweet capture Dan.👍👍👍
Thanks, Bob.
Thanks, Louie. It didn't occur to me till this moment to try taking the processing the other way and go darker rather than pulling out the shadows. Hmmm.
Total package. Beautiful.
Thanks for the comment, Mike.
Perfect: setting, background, exposure, clarity...Too bad about the bird though.
Those darn birds never do what they're supposed to. If he'd been standing upright and ankle deep it would have perfect. Even just the upright would have been much better. But we take what they offer. They work for a pittance after all.

Gorgeous colors, GBH and reflection! That water must've been absolutely dead still, no movement whatsoever. Wow!
Glad you enjoyed it, Connie. Yes it was a dead still morning plus the bird was standing in a little cove protected on three sides. It was actually a tight little spot and I had to move a couple of times to get this angle. The bird wasn't moving either. I thought it was odd that it was standing in the water and not fishing. But it was a frosty morning and those skinny bird legs were probably warmer standing in the water than exposed to the cold air.
Simply fantastic, Dan. Amazing color on the water!
Thanks, Eric. It's a good example of looking around you during sunrise/sunset and not getting fixated in the direction of the sun. This was with my back to the rising sun.
It's beautiful!
Thanks, Phil.
Love the color
Thanks, Allan. It's a good reminder that even with wildlife photography great light trumps almost everything else.
That's amazing and i never thought i would say that about a GBH image
Thanks, Andreas. Wildlife photography isn't always about the critters.
My monitor would always be exceptionally happy to display every single one of the pixels.
Thanks, Mike. We aim to please :D

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom