Beautiful Winter's Day

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by David Collignon, Dec 21, 2005.

1. Now that I am holidays until the New Year it gave me a chance to drive around with my camera on a beautiful winter day in Winnipeg. Yes indeed there are very few beautiful winter days here but with the sun shining brightly I decided to head to Assiniboinne Park to see what I could capture. A gentleman was just flooding the duck pond ...getting it ready for the kids to go skating this Christmas weekend.
    To all ..Merry Christmas and a safe and happy holiday season to the cafe

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Not only a Beautiful Winter day.

Very Beautiful Image ......I really like the cooling blue.

Geeee sure looks cold out there though.

3. Hi Gale,
    Thanks for the nice comments
    Yes compared to Florida..were a wee bit colder LOL. I think that day was about -15 degress celcuis or about 5 degress farenheit. Actually a rather nice day for us.:confused:

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    OMG I would not know what to do in that weather.

I think it would kill me.

eeeeekkkkk

5. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

Nice shot. He sure has a good job. Hey, there's a skating rink here but I've heard it is plastic, not ice.......oh well, we can't have everything.

6. It's a beautiful photo. But looks just a bit too cold for comfort for me.

7. Thanks Phil.
    You get used to the cold after a number of years. Not sure exactly how many years that is......still waiting
    LOL

Merry Christmas

8. I like this shot. I'd like to see a version of it without the fella watering, too.

9. Thanks Kevin,
    I am actually going to try through the Christmas Holidays to take the same photo when the kids are out skating as well as a evening shot.
    Will let you know if I'm successful

10. GeeJay

GeeJay

Jan 26, 2005
    Florida
    Dave,

You know how I feel about this picture of yours:smile:

I'll look for more of your 'cool' pictures over the holidays...

Happy Holidays to you,June and Jenna and all the family. We're hoping for a little bit of cold air during our Florida Christmas.

Gaye

11. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Gaye
    Nice warm sun.
    So I can go out shootin my new camera and lens :>)))))

12. A very nice wintery pic, Dave. Now send some of that sunshine on over east to us. Too much gray lately :( I love seeing sunshine on snow pics.... Looking forward to seeing this venue with some skaters in the picture.

13. Thanks Sandi,

Just on our way up north. Meeting Doug Barber and his family for Christmas.
    I will be going back to the duck pond on Boxing Day....yes hope the bright blus skies are back by then also.

Merry Christmas

14. Wonderful photo! Weather looks perfect to me. Unfortunately they are predicting 50 degree weather here in Maryland over the weekend! Ouch!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!