Beauty #2

Discussion in 'People' started by sonyam, Jul 20, 2008.

1. She is so cute and I love your jaunty composition.

2. Phil

Phil

Nov 25, 2007
    Illinois
    I like this shot Sonyam, the skin tones seem perfect to me and i like how her whole face is in focus even through her glasses.

3. Sonya,

I really like how you captured the color in her glasses frames.....it just seems to tie the whole thing together in such a subtle (yet strong) fashion. Very nicely done (per usual!). :smile:

4. Thank you!

Her glasses have been such a challenge for me. I'm getting better, but I'm sad when I lose a shot because focus fell on her frames.....I can't really stop down indoors and I don't keep the speedlight around for grab shots.

Thank you. Like I said before, her glasses are a challenge, but I love them on her. She doesn't look like *Sophie* without them anymore.

5. bradNYC

bradNYC

Mar 28, 2008
    NYC
    was this with the new beast? what a great capture, she really is such a cutie

6. As good as it gets Sonya, WOW!
    I think that you and your new glass will be getting along just fine (and often!).

Don't lose this image, it is the kind that will be looked back at for many decades to come.

7. that's a great shot, sonya
    love the composition and style

well done
    thanks for sharing it with us

8. You are going to do great things with this lens. This is a really cute one of your daughter!!

9. excellent composition....very nice capture!

10. Yes, it was! I don't know how I'm going to share my D300 with this and the 85 1.4......both of these lenses are lovely. :biggrin:

Thank you.

Thank you Greg.

Thank Terri. She's a sweetie and it shows here I think.

Thank you!

11. KG72

KG72 Guest

Very nice, Sonya.

...NAS Level rising...:131:

12. hangman

hangman

Aug 13, 2006
    Lone Star State
    Sonya, I just love your post processing on all of your images...
    Someday I'll get there.. but for now... I'm using your pics as inspiration to process my pictures.. :) 

13. Really different composition, but works really well.

Nice work.

14. No kidding....but having 2 legendary lenses makes it less painful, LOL! I'm not sure I have another lens on my list at the moment. But if I ever decide I want more reach then I'll have to get back into the lens lust forum and snoop around.

Thank you. I really appreciate that. If you ever have any questions I don't have any secrets. :smile:

Thank you.

15. Crazy Cat Lady

Crazy Cat Lady

Apr 2, 2008
    MI
    What a cutie!

I am struggling with skin tones with both my D300 & D3. You get such beautiful skin tones with your D300. I was wondering do you do any post processing or do you get skin tones like that out of camera?

16. I reduce the yellows in photoshop using the selective color adjustment. On the dropdown color selection I choose yellow, and take it down to -25. That works to correct the strange skin tones 99% of the time. (I also shoot raw and correct WB in ACR.)

17. Kemnik

Kemnik

Aug 21, 2007
    San Jose, CA
    So adorable. How she is holding on to you!!! Cute and beautiful processing on your part too.

18. JessP7

JessP7

May 3, 2005
    North MS, USA
    You have two beautiful little models, and you do such a great job capturing wonderful pictures of them. My boys don't seem to cooperate as much for me. They won't be still long enough for me to take very many shots. :smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.