Beauty and the Beast [big photo]

Living in Southern California we get some beautiful sunsets. I can't help but wish we didn't have those oil rigs right off the coast to clutter things up. I need to either clone stamp them out or figure out how to make them part of the photo.

This is a stitch of two photos from Sunday night. The hill in the lower right is San Pedro and the lights below it and to the right are the port of Long Beach. I didn't even realise at the time that I got a small flock of seagulls in the distance. Vforums shrinks the photo to fit the screen, so if you want to see the full image, just click on it and open it in a new window. I used a photo stitchers called "The Panorama Factory" which I'm pretty happy with.

original.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

As always, comments are welcome. :smile:

What an incredible sky Dave, gorgeous. If I have my bearings right, this must have been taken near Newport Beach (near one of my all time favorite golf courses: Pelican Hill - what a place!!).

Almost. It was taken from the Huntington Beach pier (about a mile from my house). I had almost given up on a sunset photo as we were sitting down to dinner at Ruby's - when I looked out the window to see this. I just stepped outside and took a few shots.

Last edited by a moderator:
dhudspith said:
Almost, it was taken from the Huntington Beach pier (about a mile from my house). I had almost given up on a sunset photo as we were sitting down to dinner at Ruby's - when I looked out the window to see this. I just stepped outside and took a few shots.
Ahhh Ruby's - great 50's-60's era diner. Used to go there for breakfast before golf (the one at Newport Beach, near the Newport Beach Country Club). I wish I were there now...I could do with some green grass.

Latest threads

Top Bottom