Becky's Christmas Tree

Discussion in 'People' started by Chris101, Dec 21, 2005.

1. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    [​IMG]

A handheld panorama with the 24-120vr lens taken indoors with a SB50DX flash in 'SLOW' mode in order to give a glow to the lights on the tree. And yep, that's Becky in the left corner, who said upon seeing this photo, "I thought you were just checking the exposure!"

2. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Very cool shot (shots)

3. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Thanks Dave! Hey, what do you think about the change in perspective from one edge to the other? It was caused by small changes in the camera position from one frame to the next.

Oh, hey, I thought of you last night while I was watching the Colbert Report - he interviewed the Congresional representative from district 13 - Detroit. She seemed to be on top of things - did you see it? I wonder if his depiction of Detroit was accurate? He said 'things were getting much better - that is up until the city began it's Robocop program' ... :wink"

4. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

5. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Love it just as it is now. Very nice, and very "Chris" if you will. Question; why ISO 1600 when you used flash? btw, it looks really good for that high ISO.

6. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

No one can ever accuse you of not being creative... :biggrin:
    Again, I am really impressed with it, now I know why.

As for the Colbert Report, didn't see it (never heard of it either)...
    From my view as a white man living out in Oakland County Detroit is doing ok... It will be interesting to see if the new city council is any good. The one in the past was as useful as tits on a bull. All they cared about was themselves and not the city.
    The mayor is also a joke and somehow he got re-elected. (My best friend went to high school with him and knew him well back then.)
    All in all Detroit in spite of the politicians is doing pretty well.

7. Chris -

Part of the reason I like this shot is because the "framing" (I assume you just left the individual shot borders intact) contradicts the abundance of verticals in the picture... it also ties in nicely with the coffee table. :smile:

Oh, and I just realized that it does a great job leading you right to the door as well. Guess I'll be leaving now...

8. Very inviting place...looks like you're all set for the Holidays. I like the pano presentation Chris - neat!
    As for the "thought you were just checking for exposure: Been there, done that :biggrin: :biggrin: .
    Happy Holidays!

9. Very neat presentation Chris. Also, you use of flash was just right. I was doing a little practicing last night with the Christmas tree and bounce flash. I have broken the code for doing that correctly. There is a little perspective shift but unless you were looking for it you would not even notice it. Thanks for sharing Becky and her Christmas tree, well done.

10. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Oooh! Thanks everybody!

David: yes, I just left the picture rectangles intact.

Steve: ISO 1600 so I could get enough natural light to illuminate the bulbs on the tree and still be able to hand-hold the camera.

Frits: It's about the only I can get a picture of her without getting 'the hand'.

Gordon: I'd like to see your tree pics!

Paul: Those are Becky's shelves. I'll post a pic of my own book cases sometime - they're 3 deep in places. Interestingly we have a lot of the same books though.