Becoming professional

Hello everyone.

I was talking with a friend about how people become pro photographer here (Brazil).. we don't have enough colleges of art around and the one that exists here are mainly here in São Paulo... most of the pro photographers here don't have a graduation course and learned to take photos by himself. They have keen eyes for photos and great social skills and started from taking photos of friend's parties or little festivals...

Then I was wondering about how people around the world usually become professional... do they NEED to have a graduation?

If you allow me the comparison, Jimi Hendrix didn't know how to read a musical partition ... Of course there are always some things that you need to learn, but in some cases I don't think that it's important as to whether where you learn them.

*Gulp*

You mean all someone has to do is buy a photo you took and you are considered a pro????? :Shocked:

HAhahahahahahaahah

I am laughing at my self as I have sold 3 photos and I am so NOT a professional, in fact I am so far from being a professional that a professional with a 2000000000 foot stick couldn't reach out and touch me.

I think education has something to do with it..Or at least I hope t does as I am spending a lot of money on a second education in art and photography to be left out in the dry.

I know photography is a lot about raw talent and artistic flare. Even after all the education you can still take terrible pictures, but I would hope an education in the technical and business side of photography would help a little. :smile:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom