Bee & Red Roses

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Neil, Jul 19, 2005.

1. Neil

Neil

Jul 8, 2005
    Douglasville, GA
    Lens: Nikon 18-70 mm f/3.5-4.5 Kit lens, Exposure: Programmed Auto
    Metering Mode: Pattern 1/125s at f/7.1, ISO: 200, D70 5-16-2005
    Had overexposure problem, this led to opening owners manual and start to learn P,S,A settings.

[​IMG]

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Well Done Neil. I like the Bee. Looks like you learned the new settings very well. I don't see any exposure problems in this image, and everything is nicely saturated and sharp.

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    roses

I just loved these roses so much I had to go to PS and play, Hope you do not mind :>)))

ran an action from www.atncentral.com Dave Jaseck midnight glow then smart sharpen

Now I have a crummy monitor I think so if this looks awful on here let me know. And if you want me to delete it, tell me.

4. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    I like Neil's better on my monitor at work Gale. Yours look a tad too saturated. I'll check again on my calibrated monitor at home.

5. Neil

Neil

Jul 8, 2005
    Douglasville, GA
    Gale thanks like the color of the roses better, mine like the bee color better.

Flew on my image its the part of the roses upper right that looks slick (kinda plastic looking) and also the center has some petals that have same type of look. Image was played around quite a bit to tone it down; histogram had major clipping and showed lost highlights. Lots of 1st month to month 1/2 pictures taken did not know how to fix exposure on the D70; not that I have it down pat yet just know how to look at histogram on camera and realize what I am doing wrong or direction should be going towards.
    Neil

6. Neil

Neil

Jul 8, 2005
    Douglasville, GA
    Gale thanks for the link to atncentral will spend some time looking the site over to see what I can learn.
    Neil

7. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Neil,

If you know how to read and interpret the histogram, then you are already well ahead of the game. Job well done. :wink:

8. I don't know the color of those rose. But between Neil and Gale it look like two different variety.