BeeeZeees

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by critterracing, Sep 6, 2008.

1. my 1st day with my new 70-200 vr. still trying to figure out what went wrong. lol. to me i think they should be much sharper. boy do i need to practice.

please beat me up good its the only way i learn.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

this 1 i like. stopped her in flight.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. They are quite blurry and compositionally not real appealing. How close were you to them?

How much are these images cropped?

Your ISO is high in a couple, no need to shoot at ISO 800 in bright sunlight.

What mode did you use? From your exif data it looks like "auto", which means the camera doesn't know what you're shooting, i.e. macro type photography.

The other problem is that the 70-200 doesn't make a real good macro lens. Not saying that it can't, but in my experience it's not my first choice.

3. i was about 10 feet away. dont know how much the crop was just winged it when cropping.

for the mode i was trying everything. wound up in M. can you tell me how your looking at my exif?

4. I have a browser plugin that allows me to right click and view your Exif data.

5. keep an eye on my posts you'll see improvements soon lol.

6. If you want to use your 70-200 as a macro/close-up lens, then get a Canon 500D close-up filter to fit it. People have gotten some very good results with it. Otherwise, these look like there is too much motion blur (either by you, or the bee). My guess is that it is camera shake, as not much really seems in focus. Practice practice practice!!!