Been a while

Youngsville (The edge of nowhere), North Carolina
I've not had a shoot since last month... this can be so frustrating because it takes so long to get a shoot together and then someone bails at the last minute and you have to cancel. So, if you think there's any glamour involved in shooting models, forget it. Think Drama.

Anyway, rant off and a little background....

A makeup artist needed to freshen her portfolio so I spent Sunday taking pictures of her work. We did a couple looks for her...
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

D2X/28-70

Tight crop
View attachment 99376
D2X/28-70

Then I did some stuff for me. I'm really loving this IR in the studio stuff. For some reason, eyes don't go ghoulish in the studio and you wind up with a capture that's like Tri-X on acid. THIS is why I shoot.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

D100IR/18-200VR

To a lesser degree, I know what you mean about plans falling through. I thought I had 5 shoots lined up upon my return from FL, and not one of them has come to fruition as yet.

Dynamite series Woody. You are the master of shadow modeling! If you don't mind me saying, in #1 there's a hot spot of the tip of the model's nose I think I'd try to tone down if were mine, (ya, like that's ever gonna happen!). #2 seems to have more skin pores on her cheek at the bottom of the frame right vs the rest of the shot. #3 is just wow! :eek: Are those veins on her breast I see, or shadows?

Would you mind describing your light sources for these?

Last edited by a moderator:
Woody, the first shot is simply awesome .... the color, the contrast and the detail is out of this world. And, beautiful model too.

Don't know what it is, but that first shot reminds me of 70's glamour style. Looks like you know what you're doing. So how do you quell the drama of your models?

Wow woody...you always impress the helloutofme! You do some great work buddy.

My only comment is I wonder why the make-up artist put the top eyelashes on the bottom? Seems so upsidedown to me.

But your photos are wonderful.

C

cuss2much

great shots...

the first one i really appealing to me...

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom