Been a while

Nice going Woody, and kudos to the MUA also. I love #1. The first thing that came to mind was a fan dancer. There is a little mystery in that image to me.

Woody,
"THIS" is the photography that made me first want to pick up a camera and why I like your stuff so much. Making magic with light and shadow.
David

Yes its been too long :)
Your vision sets the standards for all of us to reach for.

Regards

RFC

B

BigPixel

simply put, these are beautiful. You are the master Woody.

Youngsville (The edge of nowhere), North Carolina
Sorry Steve I meant to respond but it slipped my mind. You bring up some good points.

#2 seems to have more skin pores on her cheek at the bottom of the frame right vs the rest of the shot.
I've shot very few models with a complexion that doesn't have several textures. I've been noticing some "hyper-perfect" skin textures popping up in print. Obviously reworked but also very realistic. I'd be curious to know how they do it. You never stop learning.

#3 is just wow! Are those veins on her breast I see, or shadows?
Those are veins. It's an IR shot and I converted it using FM B&W Workflow Pro (LOVE IT!) and then I did all kinds of things, most of which I can't remember. But I do understand what I want and can instinctively process to it. I think the veins are evil sexy. Read Lenny Bruce, How to Talk Dirty and Influence People to find the source of my amusement.

Would you mind describing your light sources for these?
Same boring mess. Giant Octobox/AB800 key, AB400/Bounce card hairlight, white felt reflector. I spend a lot of time setting it up and then promply start changing everything until the picture looks the way I want it. God bless the man who told me to train my eyes to see light the way the camera does.

Hope that helps...:rolleyes:

Beautiful and creative work Woody. The last shot really stands out to me. I love it.

Regards,

Thanks woody,

For a minute there, I was beginning to feel like the proverbial red-headed stepchild! :rolleyes: Thanks for the explanation. Now, what about that hotspot on the nose of shot #1? Does it bother you or not?

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom