Been AWOL for a while (new images)

Discussion in 'People' started by srwatters, Jul 2, 2007.

1. srwatters

srwatters

Feb 27, 2006
    Plano, TX
    Even though I haven't been shooting enough lately, I've been remiss in not commenting or even reading the Cafe. My apologies. The darn 9-5 has been getting in the way of what I really love to do...

Quick update. I really tried to like the Fuji S5. Honest I did. I shot several hundred images including some bridal portraits, but just wasn't impressed with it as a studio camera. Note I was only going to use it in the studio and that really isn't where it shines (ISO 100 & plenty of strobe light).

Back to the D200 for some work with a micro modeling agency and a 'Gothic couture' designer (her words not mine).

Model: Tamara
    Wardrobe: Amira
    MUA: Mia
    [​IMG]

Model: Celestine
    Wardrobe: Amira
    MUA: Mia
    [​IMG]

Comments appreciated as always.

2. Wow Scott, you might have been away but you haven't lost your touch. Nice images even though the clothes are a little funky.

3. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

lol Gordon ...funky is it ...;-))
    ..lovely work as always Scott,,thanks for sharing ...
    ;-)

4. srwatters

srwatters

Feb 27, 2006
    Plano, TX
    Thanks guys. The clothes are a bit 'funky' as you noted. They each wore two looks, but I only shot these two. You should have seen the black wedding gown that was made from a vinyl shower curtain. Now that was funky! If Greg posts an image of it, I'll try to put up the link.

I'll be shooting both of these models again in more traditional fashion attire soon. Celestine has a lovely face and I can't wait to do some headshots of her. Tough job, I know, but somebody has to do it!

5. cool clothes!

6. Ottrott's Human

Ottrott's Human

May 21, 2006
    USA
    Perfect lighting as usual and the wardrobe is awesome!! Nice to have that kind of access.:mad:

Welcome back Scott. I've missed your tutorials on lighting.

7. the models expressions don't sell it to me, sorry.

8. What always strikes me about your images is the superb lighting, very nice!

9. Nice!

All works very well for me, apart from the models expression.

/Paul L.

10. tech1961

tech1961

Jan 28, 2007
    Houston Tx.
    Nice work.

11. Nice work Scott. The dress in the second reminds me of what I see on tv from the old west. The clothes in the first... well I still haven't figured that out yet:confused:

12. dtbh

dtbh

Mar 9, 2006
    Malaysia
    Your touch is still intact Scott. Nice work as usual. Well, these are the type of fashion I'll probably not see in our part of the world. :wink:

13. srwatters

srwatters

Feb 27, 2006
    Plano, TX
    Thanks for all the comments.

I was a bit perplexed as to what the designer had in mind with these outfits. I'm not really in touch with the 'Goth' scene :biggrin:

You can see more of them on Pbase: http://www.pbase.com/srwatters/urbansuite